Why is everyone so down on tis team?

SomethingFishy

Okay I was debating whether or not to even register because I have seen how some of you like to attack other members on this forum especially new members. That is why it is always the same 5 people replying and commenting on all the topics. If you disagree with me fine but try and have a discussion instead of just calling me a troll or an idiot or whatever.

Nobody here knew that Cabrera was going to become the player he is now. Cameron Maybin was a great prospect and Andrew Miller was as close to a sure thing can't miss as it gets at the time. Every baseball person in the business thought we won that trade by a landslide. The players didn't work out for us and Cabrera is really good. Cabrera will begin to decline soon and that contact will handicap the tigers for years so I hope it was worth it for them. The jury is still out on the Anibal Sanchez trade and the Blue Jays trade.

Name one bad trade the team has made since the Cabrera trade. I'm serious, that I would like to know. Because the others we can't judge yet. It is one bad trade. Name me 10 general managers that are better than Beinfest. I know Michael Hill is supposed to be the GM but everybody knows he is not making any decisions. This is Beinfest's team. I am just a realistic fan and I believe in this team. I see a very bright future. Some of you are just mean and like to complain and attack other people who don't share your opinion.

GO FISH!!! Call me a troll all you want. No wonder Piazza doesn't post no more. You guys are mean and just hang out in a pack like wolves on the hunt for meat.

Guest Guest

I dont remember anyone saying the Marlins won that Cabrera trade. Cabs was already one of the best hitters in the game and he was 25 years old. The Marlins were mocked for not buying out his arbitration years and they continue to deserve to be mocked. It was ludicrous that that didnt happen.

Okay I was debating whether or not to even register because I have seen how some of you like to attack other members on this forum especially new members. That is why it is always the same 5 people replying and commenting on all the topics. If you disagree with me fine but try and have a discussion instead of just calling me a troll or an idiot or whatever.

I am just a realistic fan and I believe in this team. I see a very bright future. Some of you are just mean and like to complain and attack other people who don't share your opinion.

No wonder Piazza doesn't post no more. You guys are mean and just hang out in a pack like wolves on the hunt for meat.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You started this thread by talking about the negativity. You call yourself a realistic fan, but insinuate that we are not. Why? We're well aware of Yelich, Fernandez, Conley, Nicolino, Marisnick and the others. The fact that we contribute to the minor league forum shows that, but it is a slow process and there's not much to discuss there. They're learning and we're waiting. We talk about Yelich more because we know he's the closest and we have good expectations for him, but we also know that he's not ready.

We're realistic in our expectations of the 2013 Marlins and that is that they're bad, but we hoped they wouldn't be historically bad. The fact that they are on pace to be such a team is only going to cause us more frustration and "negativity" towards what is going on. There are some baffling moves by the front office and Redmond that cause us some concern.

This is all about growing pains and it will be the same for 2014 as well even with Yelich and others on the team. It is going to hurt and people generally tend to bitch and complain when something hurts. People post here because it is good to share in the frustration and they deserve that right. Misery loves company.

I don't think a new poster should come in here and attack us for feeling the way we do or choosing to share it. That's just the way the internet works and even if the Marlins were in 1st place... we would still criticize the weak areas that deserve it because nothing is perfect. We strive to improve.

Nobody here knew that Cabrera was going to become the player he is now. Cameron Maybin was a great prospect and Andrew Miller was as close to a sure thing can't miss as it gets at the time. Every baseball person in the business thought we won that trade by a landslide. The players didn't work out for us and Cabrera is really good. Cabrera will begin to decline soon and that contact will handicap the tigers for years so I hope it was worth it for them. The jury is still out on the Anibal Sanchez trade and the Blue Jays trade.

Name one bad trade the team has made since the Cabrera trade. I'm serious, that I would like to know. Because the others we can't judge yet. It is one bad trade. Name me 10 general managers that are better than Beinfest. I know Michael Hill is supposed to be the GM but everybody knows he is not making any decisions. This is Beinfest's team. I am just a realistic fan and I believe in this team. I see a very bright future. Some of you are just mean and like to complain and attack other people who don't share your opinion.

GO FISH!!! Call me a troll all you want. No wonder Piazza doesn't post no more. You guys are mean and just hang out in a pack like wolves on the hunt for meat.

Are you new to the internet?

Not to belabor the point, BUTTT everyone knew the Cabrera deal was crap at the time, especially when they threw in the D-Train!!!

The deal was bemoaned as much then as it is now, kind of like the Toronto deal as in " is this all we're getting for this????" Plus the fact that Cabrera was a four time all-star that had averaged over 30 HR's and 100 RBI's in his first four full seasons, how can you say that no one thought he would do what he's done???

I have been reading on the site for a while and i have never seen so much negativity as i see recently these days. I know that our record is not very good right now but there is alot to look forward to on this team and i don't know how there is so much negativity in a place where we have all been here before in the same situation. remember how in 2002 we were bad? what happened in 2003? remember when we had the team in 2005 that was underperformed and beinfest cleaned the roster up? what happened in 2006? i know it has been tough for the marlins and for us fans but i have confidence in this front office that has rebuilt this team so many times with good trades and stealing unknown players from other systems and watching them explode in to stars before our eyes. im so passionate about this team and i know alot about the game and i know that this team will contend sooner than alot of you think. it seems like its the popular thing to hate the marlins these days around town but as the real fans maybe we should take a step back and we can see that things are not bad at all. we do have the worst record in mlb right now but we also have so many injuries that have hurt the offense and our pitching. the young guys are playing great and the veterans are going to start to hit like they always have soon. we are missing our two best hitters with Solano and Stanton and our second and third best pitchers with Eovaldi and Alverez. id there a team in the mlb that can have that happen to them and not be with the record we have? i think if the team hangs in there until the all stars break and stanton and solano and eovaldi and alverez come back we can make a run towards .500 and things will look great going in to next year when we have christian yelich added to the team and also logan morrison. some of you have forgotten a little bit about what beinfest has done for this team in the past. i trust him and maybe some of you disagree and like to look at sabermetrics more but i for one trust the eyes alot more when i evaluate a player and im glad that this front office does the same mostly because it has brought some great and exciting players to this team. we always rebuild and it will be no different this time.

GO FISH!!!!!!

Passion is great and optimism is fine, but I don't care if we add Babe Ruth to our lineup, this team isn't getting anywhere near .500

Maybe next year.

Yes it sucked we traded him but we had to by that time. We should have bought him out early.

I'm pretty sure most we're excited about Maybin and Miller.

I know I was ... I was at a baseball practice when I got the news and went "whoa" when I heard Maybin and Miller were coming. To me, the rest was just icing.

And, yeah, really, EVERYONE could see Cabrera was going to become one of the best hitters in baseball. Maybe not to the insane level he's achieving right now, but still, it was clear.

Back at the trade deadline I think most had cabrera pegged as one of the best hitters in the game

Here is an article about the trade - a little yankee centric given the source, but definitely some concern out of NY about the tigers making this move

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/tigers-trade-miguel-cabrera-dontrelle-willis-marlins-article-1.273863

Guys like Solano, Ruggiano, Dunn shouldn't be held up as beacons of a successful front office ..... these are guys who are dime a dozen players on any good team .... on the Marlins some may consider them key ... just goes to show how bad this team is

Cabrera was an incomplete player with a bad attitude. The Marlins were able to get great value for him and whether the players worked out for us or not is completely irelevent because being a good gm is about getting the best value back in a trade and not looking at all the trades in hindsite and at the time Maybin and Miller were considered a bounty for Cabrera who had worn out his welcome with us. Hanley was overpaid and had a major attitude problem and Beinfest got us a potential number one starter in Evoldi and Hanley has played badly with the Dodgers since they got him and is injured this year surprise surprise. Some of you are so down on Solano for some reason but he had a great year at the plate last year and plays a very solid 2nd base. His average was on the rise when he got injured and this team really misses his defense so I for one can't wait to see him back in the lineup. Mathis was brought here to teach Brantly how to catch so if he hits at all he is a bonus because he brings gold glove defense and gives Brantly a mentor. We can argue all day about the Cantera trade but like I said there is nobody who knew he would be a triple crown threat and his attitude and defense with us made him such a bad fit that he had to go. We got back a bonanza in the trade but sometimes players don't work out. Try and focus on all the players that DID work out and you will all be in a better mood believe me. And more players have worked out than haven't worked out for this team. The glass is half FULL. We will still finish with a better record then last year's joke of a team. Oh and how is Toronto doing this year? Hmmmmm... ...

We will still finish with a better record then last year's joke of a team.

That would take an additional 57 wins to add onto the 13 this team currently has.

Which means they would have to go 57-52 over the remainder of the season ..... that is about an 85 win pace over a full season

I don't think there has been any indication that this team is close to playing .500 ball at this point. If you want to make an argument that when fully healthy and more young guys are called up they can play better - fine. However, by that point the pit will only be deeper and the pace needed to win that many games steeper.

70 wins isn't going to happen

"An incomplete player."

In his 4 full seasons with us, he averaged .318 [OPSed .947] and averaged 32 homers with 115 RBI. Yes, he had a bad attitude and that hasn't necessarily gotten better in Detroit - he's had 2 DUIs since he's been there, hasn't he? Not necessarily an attitude deal there, but still an issue. The Triple Crown requires a bit of luck as it definitely did last year, but yes, we all knew he would be THAT kind of player some day, and THAT kind of player meaning MVP winner.

And to answer your question, Toronto is doing 10 games better than us. Should they be doing better with the haul they got? Yes. Should WE be doing better than this pitiful 13-40? Yeah. But still, they're doing a lot better than they are.

I don't know how this got turned in to a Miguel Cabrera thread. He doesn't even play here anymore and I for one am glad. He is a good hitter but we can't afford one salary on this team that is the size of his salary it would cripple us for years. Watch what happens to the Tigers because in a couple years when he declines and they still have to pay him they will be pereniel celler dwellers thanks to his contract and untradability. He can't play any positions in the field so he has to stay in the American League also lets not forget that. Anyway enough about Cabrera we all have to move on.

Back o topic this team has very good players coming in and there is no way that a team with this much amazing talentt ends up being a historicaly bad record at the end of the year. There is no way. I think we have a chance to finish 3rd in the division and there is a chance that when stanton and solano comes back and yelich comes up and ozuna keeps hitting like a monster and Cogz keeps on his great pace we can make a run towards 500 in the second half. It wouldn't be that crazy. I think it would be MORE CRAZY if this team with all this talent loses 100 games. THAT is what would be crazy.

The pitching has been tremendous this year. We need to start scoring runs for the starters and that is going to happen when we finally get everyone in there playing their positions. With a lineup like this how can we say that the team will lose 100 games?

LF OZUNA (monster in training)

CF YELICH (superstar talent)

RF STANTON (monster when healthy)

3B COGHLIN (got to keep his bat in the lineup and polanco has to go)

SS HECHAVERRIA (Ozzy smith 2.0)

2B SOLANO (steady bat and gold glove potential defense)

1B MORRISSON (young and ready to prove himself)

C BRANTLY (could be another Paul LaDuca if defense improves)

P- we have Nolasco (well above average), Evoldi (potential ace or no 2), Slowey (breakout year), Alverez (brings the heat) and Koehler or Wade LaBlanc who are both great for 5th starters.

Add in that we have a very solid bullpen with one of the best closers in the MLB (cishek hasn't had enough chances yet this year) and I just do not see any way that this team loses 100 games. That is a GOOD lineup that is potentially GREAT when we get the injured players back and Yelich hits the scene. And the pitching has already been tremendous. We have been injured and unlucky. It is still early and we can dig out of this hole. It really isn't that bad.

All things aside, how in the unholy f*** did you leave out Fernandez?!

Anyways, Hech isn't Ozzie Smith 2.0. Ozzie could hit for a half-decent average, at least. Solano does not have "gold glove potential defense," and why you put him over Dietrich is just an absolute headscratcher.

Wow you guys are like a wolfpack why are you attacking me????? I'm just a lamb for some of you now I see why piazza31 doesn't post or brocobob because you all jump down there throat sometimes. If you do not like the lineup idea i posted tell me why don't just dismiss what I say because Im a new memebr. I have been reading the forum for YEARS and just didn't register for reasons I told you all before but this is the only place I can talk about the marlins because NOBODY ever talks about them not the media or anything!!!! its like they don't exist down here except to us. So come on we are all on the same side and i know alot about the game so i can probably even teach some of you about it and i can learn from some of you maybe also.

dude you are totally right i left out fernandez and put alverez instead lol. So yeah bender i see why YOU thought i was crazy. I got the names mixed up sorry. but don't you think that can be a very good rotation bro?

I think I'm done here.

Dietrich is adjusting, just like all rookies do. I have a lot more faith in him being productive than Solano as an every-day starter, and that's more from Minor League track record as well as what I've seen from Derek thus far.

But, refer to first line of this post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.