6/22 postgame

The Marlins win another game!

Our loses are really our wins, and our wins are our loses. Do not be fooled by the giant delusion orchestrated by the Rothschild family, the Lizard People, and the Federal Reserve. Every time you see airplane contrails, they are really chem trails to confuse people into thinking each Marlins win is a loss because they do not want us to win the World Series again.

Bigfoot told me the only way to break out of this spell is to line your Marlins caps with tinfoil while watching the games. Spread the word.

Man, I think I've cracked. ;)

We've been in the last 9 games and that's a welcome change.

We won the Cardinals series 2-1 and we got back into the game we lost after giving up 5 or so runs in the 1st inning.

We lost the Arizona series 1-2, but we were in all of those games late. We lost in the 9th and 8th innings in tied games.

We're 2-1 up in the Giants series and lost that game in extra innings.

It's good to see the Marlins fighting and having a chance to win even if they're not able to.

Guest Vince0926

Whatever artistichate said was perfect. And I haven't lost hope for this year, they need to stay in every game and I like what I'm seeing. Go get them tomorrow.

Whatever artistichate said was perfect. And I haven't lost hope for this year, they need to stay in every game and I like what I'm seeing. Go get them tomorrow.

All it says is that the pitching has been decent lately. The offense still sucks.

The pitching has been decent all year. The offense now sucks less than it did and they're a 500 team. 9-8 in June.

A far cry from the Spiders. Or the 40-120 Mutts. For 70 mill less than last year's losers. With kids who are fun to watch develop.

As for the goofy ump call, there's nothing they can do. So it goes.

They are still going to lose quite a bit.

Well, yeah, that's what a 500 team does.

Beats the crap out of what the Spiders or the '62 Mutts did. They're back to being average on a tiny payroll with the potential to contend next year as they add more talent. What's the problem?

Really like how our young pitchers, Fernandez, Evoldi and Turner, are looking. Very promising. If the young lefties on the verge of getting to Jax this year, Heaney and Nicolino, turn out to be legit, and there is reason to be optimistic in regard to their development, one can reasonably project the Marlins to be playoff contenders in 1 or 2 yrs with only having to be an average hitting team. Obviously more can be said about this by those who prefer to punch holes into this kind of thinking, but I do think there is reason, for those who want to be optimistic, to believe chances are realistic about very much better days being ahead and in not too long a time (particularly of course, with these young arms being accompanied by the club inking a long term deal with Stanton) .

Beats the crap out of what the Spiders or the '62 Mutts did. They're back to being average on a tiny payroll with the potential to contend next year as they add more talent. What's the problem?

You are overstating it. This was still a 100 loss team even if everyone had been there from the start.

Evoldi? ... SomethingFishy said Evoldi.

SixYearItch, what's your opinion on Donovan Solano?

Tongue in cheek I presume since I mistyped Eovaldi.

Alright, I'll play along and I'm, of course, not SomethingFishy.

Solano is a utility infielder, nothing more nothing less, a decent spare part. Have no feelings about him, one way or another. Don't care whether he stays in NOLA or not, Until yesterday would have been tempted to replace Polanco at 3rd with him but Polanco fields the position too well. Both give you no power, no run production, etc Solano will hit a few more useless singles...who cares.

I like Dietrech, despite the present slump and BA. The kid has to learn the strike zone and stop chasing. I love his extra base power, his big hits...also like him in the field and like that he's a bit of a firebrand. Hope he doesn't get down on himself. Rooting for the kid big time.

I'm so glad they may not be the worst team in history. That makes all this losing more acceptable.

And the blue jays are now winning so he can't fall back on that anymoreWe went over .500 last year middle of the season. Things happen!

well by all rights that should've been a .500 team at least.

You are overstating it. This was still a 100 loss team even if everyone had been there from the start.

Maybe not