Hechavarria Leading Off

Batting first tonight after going 3-3 last night and hitting .400+ this month. Also in combination with Ruggiano in an 0-20 slide...

I think it's a solid move by Red. He deserves the opportunity.

Also, just a note, Hech and Mathis now have both raised their OPS over .600. I mean, it's a start...

Hech looks better and better.

We got ourselves a Shortstop and maybe a leadoff man.

I'd like him in the number two slot because of the way he goes to right.

Yelich, Hech, Morrison, Ozuna, Moran, JakeM, Dietrich, Mathis

Awesome

I agree, it would be nice spot in the lineup for him if he can continue to take the ball the other way with such ease. It would also benefit him greatly to be able to hit between Yelich and Stanton... He would certainly see a good deal of pitches to hit.

Hech deserved the raise to leadoff (mostly because we have absolutely nobody capable of hitting leadoff on our team) but long term I prefer him batting 7th or 8th in our lineup. He's not as bad of a hitter as he was the two and a half months of the season, but he's not the kind of hitter he's been recently.

If he finishes the season with an OPS near or above .700 I call it a success given how awful he was to start.

If he was capable of stealing even 20 bases a season he'd be sooo much more useful.

Why do I feel like he is so much faster than his SB numbers suggest? I mean, watching him run it's clear he has speed. Why can't he translate that speed into SB?

Anyway, I agree it's not ideal having him at the top of the order. It means our lineup it pretty bad when every single option to hit leadoff or bat second can't get on base over .300...I cannot wait until Yelich is called up so we can see what this lineup can do with a real talented leadoff hitter. Like I said, Hech actually might be fun to watch hit between him and Stanton.

Also, just a note, Hech and Mathis now have both raised their OPS over .600. I mean, it's a start...

nice! they're both almost good enough to be a backup on any other team (not named the Astros)

Correct.

Aren't the Indians or Cubs playing somewhere?

batting leadoff could help him to focus on some other aspects like bunting and stealing bases too which could both be helpful. I mean he's certainly fast enough to swipe 20 bags.

Which if the last few games are any indicator...is something he is indeed working on.

He's got a pretty good mentor in JP.

Maybe he can teach him how to slide head-first...

Hech is going to be a real good one.

Once he got through his first two months in the bigs, he has been terrific.

And watch his range rating go up as his batting average increases.

Not nitpicking, but he did have two months worth of play in Toronto last season.

However, it is nice to see him adjusting as of late.