Brantly optioned to AAA, Koyie Hill selected

gizmo

Why did it take them 2 months to do this?

I think we all know the answer to this question.

pls elaborate

Don't know exactly what el penguino had in mind but I'm thinking it's that the FO, presumably Loria, seems to stay too long with young players they proudly acquired who then didn't pan out. If that's it, I would have to agree.

Seems like whether Brantly would prove to be a great acquisition was always a roll of the dice.

If Olivo was still available, I agree that bringing him back would have been a good idea. Certainly better that Hill, who seems like nothing more than a place holder.

Ill take Koyie Hill over Olivo, thanks. Theres not going to be much of a difference in their bats and at least Hill isnt completely horrid defensively.

Not that I care about Miguel Olivo but he's certainly a better hitter than Koyie Hill. And Jeff Mathis. And Rob Brantly.

This move should have been made at least a month ago, spending three weeks in New Orleans isn't going to do much for Brantly. I'm glad he's being sent down but he's got to work on his game hopefully he play some winter ball.

This. But Red said one problem was game-calling, and how do you work on that while handling minor league pitchers who haven't mastered breaking balls?

Beinfest really might be the worst GM ever when it comes to evaluating catchers.

What's funny too is that if you can play defense and hit just a little, you are passable at catcher. Amazingly we can't find somebody to fit even that low standard.

The best one we've had semi-recently was Baker, and he got injury issues and wasn't all that good defensively either. But I did really like is bat for a catcher, and how horrible he was at being interviewed made it even more fun.