Harvey partially tears UCL

Admin

Or maybe it's the way pitchers are conditioned these days? Maybe it's been slightly torn for a while? Things happen, like I said.

I like what Mark Mulder said: "you either get lucky or you don't." The throwing motion of a pitch (and throwing of a baseball in general) is NOT a natural movement as it is, things like this just happen.

I'm not convinced that's true. There's probably a bunch of rising talents we never hear about because they were injured and out of baseball before procedures like Tommy John were invented.

I'm also not so sure that throwing a 95 MPH fastball with consistency was always as important back in the day as it is today.

Kershaw had an arm injury?

I guess whomever made that list is counting his hip injury last year as one.

And I may have missed it, but when did Beckett have an arm injury prior to 24? I know he had blister issues in 2004, but prior to that, I may be ignorant to this. Did Lincecum have an arm injury prior to 24? Hamels, Gio ...?

List seems a little sketchy, but OK.

In any case ... they throw hard, yeah, and have sharp breaking balls. Seriously, Mark Mulder said it best, you either get lucky or you don't. I don't want it to happen, but if it happens, it happens.