Beinfest, Fleming fired

Beinfest is going to find a job somewhere else. He might have been bad in evaluating some trades over his time, but the man knows for the most part how to build a team with little resources. He's likely better than half the GM's currently hired.

Half? Admin Beinfest is by far top 5 in all baseball, however with the Toronto trade I felt his heart wasn't into this market correction thing anymore, even with this he still made a heck of a trade. That goes to show there are no better talent evaluators in the majors, and he can outdo other GMs without even trying...

No longer will our mantra be... "In Beinfest we trust"

If Samson gets fired I call this a win

It is reported Samson is unfireable if that is a word, that in Loria's divorce settlement , Samson was guaranteed his job in the organization, as far as I can tell he has no responsibilities of any kind...He can show up or not show up it makes no difference whatsoever

Beinfest is going to find a job somewhere else. He might have been bad in evaluating some trades over his time, but the man knows for the most part how to build a team with little resources. He's likely better than half the GM's currently hired.

Half? Admin Beinfest is by far top 5 in all baseball, however with the Toronto trade I felt his heart wasn't into this market correction thing anymore, even with this he still made a heck of a trade. That goes to show there are no better talent evaluators in the majors, and he can outdo other GMs without even trying...

Yeah, he did so many great things over the years. Oh wait, no he didn't. I'm not going to go all Sirspud and pretend he was some sort of terrible GM, but to call him top-5 is laughable.

What did he do?

Such a joke...

Are you really going to miss Admin Beinfest?

YES!

Why?

Why Erick?.. There are very few baseball men that would have been able to do so much with so little...He was the equivalent of a one armed juggler on a pegleg working with fire and powersaws... the talent he was able to squeeze through even though other teams were apprehensive of making trades with him for fear of certainty of being bested.. (if not ask any Red Sox fan) is mindboggling. This man was not just good he was pretty much a miracleworker...I am still not sure he can't walk on water, that is how good this man has been at his job! His flaw maybe has been in the draft and I'm not sure how much Loria tied his hands there as well (We can never know). Jennings has huge shoes to fill he may be considered a young hotshot and and up and comer but damn he has a job nobody else would want, that is working for Loria who just may not be the Antichrist of baseball but is damn close

Such a joke...

Are you really going to miss Admin Beinfest?

YES!

Why?

Why Erick?.. There are very few baseball men that would have been able to do so much with so little...He was the equivalent of a one armed juggler on a pegleg working with fire and powersaws... the talent he was able to squeeze through even though other teams were apprehensive of making trades with him for fear of certainty of being bested.. (if not ask any Red Sox fan) is mindboggling. This man was not just good he was pretty much a miracleworker...I am still not sure he can't walk on water, that is how good this man has been at his job! His flaw maybe has been in the draft and I'm not sure how much Loria tied his hands there as well (We can never know). Jennings has huge shoes to fill he may be considered a young hotshot and and up and comer but damn he has a job nobody else would want, that is working for Loria who just may not be the Antichrist of baseball but is damn close

You do realize the team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade, right?

You do realize that even though hindsight is 20/20, results still matter and that Miguel Cabrera trade has turned out to be one of the worst in the history of professional sports, right?

Walk on water? Yeah, no.

If it weren't for the fact that this probably isn't for the better since the owner is clearly calling the shots, I think I would be pretty thrilled that Beinfest is gone.

Yeah, he did so many great things over the years. Oh wait, no he didn't. I'm not going to go all Sirspud and pretend he was some sort of terrible GM, but to call him top-5 is laughable.

What did he do?

You actually did call him one of the worst GMs in the past, IIRC.

I think any thought of Beinfest as a great GM flew out the window when he nearly cancelled the Toronto trade because they wouldn't include Jeff Mathis.

What did he do?

I think any thought of Beinfest as a great GM flew out the window when he nearly cancelled the Toronto trade because they wouldn't include Jeff Mathis.

I don't think I did.

Either way, I'd say his resume is pretty average. And if we're blaming Loria for everything that went wrong, Beinfest shouldn't get credit for everything that went right.

What did he do?

I don't think I did.

Either way, I'd say his resume is pretty average. And if we're blaming Loria for everything that went wrong, Beinfest shouldn't get credit for everything that went right.

I think his next gig, if he gets one, will give us a better understanding of Beinfest as a GM/President of Baseball Operations. As it is, we really don't know what he was responsible for. The Cabrera trade and the demand for Mathis make him look bad, though.

beinfest is not a great front office voice. Beinfest has not done a good job. Good move. Jennings does not deserve the job now, we need someone new. what we need is just a new group of front office people. new staff, new scouts, new head of scouting, heck even new marketing. We can compete there are models out there, follow them and we will be a winning team again.

beinfest is not a great front office voice. Beinfest has not done a good job. Good move. Jennings does not deserve the job now, we need someone new. what we need is just a new group of front office people. new staff, new scouts, new head of scouting, heck even new marketing. We can compete there are models out there, follow them and we will be a winning team again.

lol

If Samson gets fired I call this a win

It is reported Samson is unfireable if that is a word, that in Loria's divorce settlement , Samson was guaranteed his job in the organization, as far as I can tell he has no responsibilities of any kind...He can show up or not show up it makes no difference whatsoever

None of this is even close to correct. Were u drunk?

Why would I be drunk for stating something that is being reported?

The proof of the pudding is in the eating for the past year Samson has been seen pretty much only on milk cartons

They could get all these new people, but still would have the same old Loria!

I think his next gig, if he gets one, will give us a better understanding of Beinfest as a GM/President of Baseball Operations. As it is, we really don't know what he was responsible for. The Cabrera trade and the demand for Mathis make him look bad, though.

I was thinking Mathis was another Loria thing but maybe I'm wrong. Certainly sounds like it.

What did he do?

I know Mathis struggled mightily with the bat but he had been a stabilizing presence behind the plate considering the atrocious year Brantly had as a sophomore...catching is such a defensive position that even with Mathis sub-Mendoza avg I felt he earned his keep and has a spot on the Marlins for awhile....Is Hill better than Mathis? Heck No, so maybe Beinfest was right in demanding Mathis in the trade

What did he do?

I don't think I did.

Well, Mathis is being credited as a big part of our pitching staff's development - and for all we know it could've been a bluff on Beinfest's part. Remember that Anthropolous had a hard time giving him up as well. Also, people always rave about AA's skill as a GM, but Beinfest probably won that trade. I don't think Beinfest was terrible.

If Miggy were still here, he would:

1- Be making $25MM a year

2- Be pushing 300 lbs

3- Be hitting maybe .280

4- Be a part time 1B, and

5- Be untradeable

Cancer is often fatal.

LB did what he had to do, and Maybin & LHP just didn't pan out.

Such is life.

If Miggy were still here, he would:

1- Be making $25MM a year

2- Be pushing 300 lbs

3- Be hitting maybe .280

4- Be a part time 1B, and

5- Be untradeable

Cancer is often fatal.

LB did what he had to do, and Maybin & LHP just didn't pan out.

Such is life.

Nothing you said is accurate.

Jayson Stark @jaysonst

Dan Jennings was approached about several GM jobs in recent yrs. Jeffrey Loria wouldn't allow him to interview. Very highly regarded in MLB

Highly regarded, meaningless in the context of working for Loria. Someone here says Beinfest is in the top 5, not sure who does the ranking, but accept the premise-is Jennings in the top 5? So, how is this better? And does it matter unless there are operational changes in decision making.

hindsight is 20/20. Beinfest wanted an elite bat and pitcher. The dodgers wouldnt give up both Kemp and Kershaw, and the Tigers were more than happy to.

I don't think there's any truth to this statement.

Bottom-line was that Beinfest wanted Miller and wanted Maybin and Detroit said yes, at that time no one thought Maybin would be a bust and that Miller would struggle as he did...he actually was pitching pretty well out of the bullpen for the Red sox until he got injured . It seems like his potential will never come to fruition. At the time I heard very little complaint about the trade in this forum.

If my memory serves me Beinfest was reportedly requesting Kershaw from the Dodgers at that time and his name went off the table

BTW it was a CF The Marlins were trying to get at the time to be more specific

We were also offered Justin Verlander and Curtis Granderson after Dontrelle's '05 season [just for Dontrelle]. But, again, hindsight, 20/20.

I've said this many times in the past, but there is no reason on earth to turn down that trade proposal at the time it was made (if it indeed was made).

Not even close to being a hindsight 20/20 scenario.