Beinfest, Fleming fired

Moot? Loria won't offer anyone anything?

I don't think we know that at this point.

It may be true that any improvements are attempted to be done via trade(s) only, but then again, we do know that the Marlins, like everyone else get another 24-25 mill from the league TV deal. And then there's the 8 mill they no longer have to pay TOR. They're still on the hook in '14 for 4 mill for Heath Bar and 1.5 to Ozzie, but that's it. In '15, only 1.5 to Ozzie and then the repercussions from the disastrous '12 spending spree will be over.

Now, Loria lost 47 mill last year and probably didn't come close to making it back this year, so it's likely he'll restrain payroll again in '14. But, at the same time, he obviously gains a lot of flexibility -- to the tune of 32-33 mill. So, there is hope that he might spend a bit on FAs.

Who knows what the interaction of trades vs FAs vs extending one or more players will result in?

Jennings just said that the payroll is going to be in the same range as this year, despite the added $25 million in TV revenue next year. What's the rationale for that?

Link?

It's automatically going to go up due to arbitration and the auto-raises for players who have enough service time. There's no way it stays "in the same range" unless the range is about $25-30 million both ways.

The payroll is almost bone dry as it is unless they trade Stanton, Cishek and not sign any veterans there is no way the payroll does not go up

I hope we bring back Infante. BTW has anyone noticed how good Yunel Escobar has being this year? I mean damn had Beinfest kept him and Dominguez we might have being decent this year.

I really hope we are not the team that overpays for Infante. Dietrich could be a fine bat, no reason not to give him the opportunity. And we wouldn't have Dietrich if we kept Escobar, which I believe was the right move. Dietrich for 6-7 yrs > Escobar for 2 yrs.

Not really, Beinfest lost that trade, because Escobar is more valuable now.

I completely disagree, Beinfest won that trade so far.

Escobar finished the year with a .699 OPS in his age 30 season and was under contract for only 2 years at like $8 Million. Dietrich left here on a bad note, and even then, his OPS was .679 for the year in his age 24 season with 6 more years under club control, 3 for the league minimum. Only a 20 point difference in OPS but Dietrich is much younger and will be here for quite a while.

Yunel Escobar > Derek Dietrich in 2013.

Yunel Escobar

It's automatically going to go up due to arbitration and the auto-raises for players who have enough service time. There's no way it stays "in the same range" unless the range is about $25-30 million both ways.

The payroll is almost bone dry as it is unless they trade Stanton, Cishek and not sign any veterans there is no way the payroll does not go up

Then I guess you have the Marlins offseason gameplan figured out.

I'm not sure even a no trade clause would work right now, given our ownership's reputation. This FO "shakeup" isn't going to fool anyone. Loria is getting his yes men in place from the top of the FO down to the manager and coaching staff. I just don't see any FA worth his weight will want to come here regardless of the money and length of contract. "Upgrades" at any position will have to come in trades.

Wait. Now we know the mind-set of every FA who's worth a damn? And why does anybody need to be "fooled" by anything?

How about this for a rationale for a FA who's "worth a damn":

1) Loria and his yes-men will pay me more than anyone else to come to MIA.

2) I don't care about a no-trade clause because I'll rent my house the first year (at least) and if the plan doesn't blow up in Loria's face causing him to blow up the plan, then maybe then I'll buy something. I can be as temporary as Loria wants me to be.

3) What do I care, either way? If it doesn't work, I'll be somewhere else with a lot of money in my pocket. After all, once I sign, either Loria and/or someone else has to pay me the full amount of my contract, no matter how ridiculous it is.

4) MIA has a stable of very good starters and a good defense and bullpen and probably a good bench. Adding my bat and maybe one or two others could turn them into a contender. They've already got a decent core of bats for next year -- Stanton, Yelich, Morrison, maybe Ozuna -- they just need me and one or two more.

You might be right that any improvements will be done via trade(s,) but just about any FA who's "worth a damn" could be enticed if Loria wants to spend some money.

LOL Yea, okay. Go right on thinking that and we'll see how it works out.

Moot? Loria won't offer anyone anything?

I don't think we know that at this point.

It may be true that any improvements are attempted to be done via trade(s) only, but then again, we do know that the Marlins, like everyone else get another 24-25 mill from the league TV deal. And then there's the 8 mill they no longer have to pay TOR. They're still on the hook in '14 for 4 mill for Heath Bar and 1.5 to Ozzie, but that's it. In '15, only 1.5 to Ozzie and then the repercussions from the disastrous '12 spending spree will be over.

Now, Loria lost 47 mill last year and probably didn't come close to making it back this year, so it's likely he'll restrain payroll again in '14. But, at the same time, he obviously gains a lot of flexibility -- to the tune of 32-33 mill. So, there is hope that he might spend a bit on FAs.

Who knows what the interaction of trades vs FAs vs extending one or more players will result in?

Jennings just said that the payroll is going to be in the same range as this year, despite the added $25 million in TV revenue next year. What's the rationale for that?

I think we all know the rationale for that..