2013 Postseason thread

True CRaysball

Now that the Rays have gotten through these sticky one game playoffs, I'm intrigued to see how they can do. I haven't heard much about what they are doing with starting pitching, but as long as Hellickson doesn't see the mound I really like their chances. My one complaint with Maddon is that I haven't always agreed with his playoff pitching choices, like running an ineffective James Shields out there in previous years. The Rays top 4 is more talented this year, with a good mix of extremely live arms like Price and Moore and stoppers who keep you off balance like Cobb. Their offense also seems to be more balanced and less hit or miss. The addition of a DH like Delmon Young for a short run really boosts their chances.

Now that the Rays have gotten through these sticky one game playoffs, I'm intrigued to see how they can do. I haven't heard much about what they are doing with starting pitching, but as long as Hellickson doesn't see the mound I really like their chances. My one complaint with Maddon is that I haven't always agreed with his playoff pitching choices, like running an ineffective James Shields out there in previous years. The Rays top 4 is more talented this year, with a good mix of extremely live arms like Price and Moore and stoppers who keep you off balance like Cobb. Their offense also seems to be more balanced and less hit or miss. The addition of a DH like Delmon Young for a short run really boosts their chances.

Delmon Young kinda sucks.

Delmon Young kinda sucks.

Except that he has been a postseason beast the last couple of years, and his power from the right side of the plate has the potential to help out a lot. There's no denying Young's career has been a huge disappointment from a guy billed as the best outfield prospect since Griffey Jr. (since surpassed by Bryce Harper), but he can contribute a lot in the short term and getting to play DH will take away one of his huge weaknesses.

Guys does this mean Donovan Solano wouldn't of made the Braves post season roster???!? :blink:

Beefcake = Required postseason spot. Wait was he beefcake? I forget now.

Guest Vince0926

I think oakland beats St. Louis. Anyone doing the mlb.com bracket challenge?

I am. Here's mine:We see things differently after the wild card games. My winners are lad, oak, tb, stl.... Stl, oak....oak probably in 6