Free Agents for 2014

Admin

There's jack & sh*t at 3b. (You can use that Admin)

Probably wind up with a "meh" inexpensive placeholder for a season, Mike Fontenot or something.

There's a little more available at catcher though still not great - Salty would be interesting but I imagine Boston will keep him. They aren't spending for McCann. Soto maybe if the Rangers look elsewhere.

There's jack & sh*t at 3b. (You can use that Admin)

Probably wind up with a "meh" inexpensive placeholder for a season, Mike Fontenot or something.

There's a little more available at catcher though still not great - Salty would be interesting but I imagine Boston will keep him. They aren't spending for McCann. Soto maybe if the Rangers look elsewhere.

Theres also Ruiz, but the phillies will try to keep him. Same story with Navarro. A nice proyect might be Brayan Pena

We won't be in play for anyone if the FO sticks to what Jennings said yesterday about the payroll remaining the same. Once you account for raises in arbitration, you're left with nothing to fix the infield hitting issues if they are sticking to the under $40 million range.

Plus he also stated that we're going to be the Oakland of the east now payroll-wise, which is the last thing you want to hear, considering Oakland actually knows how to use a $40 million payroll to win and our FO isn't competent enough to screw in a lightbulb.

We won't be in play for anyone if the FO sticks to what Jennings said yesterday about the payroll remaining the same. Once you account for raises in arbitration, you're left with nothing to fix the infield hitting issues if they are sticking to the under $40 million range.

Plus he also stated that we're going to be the Oakland of the east now payroll-wise, which is the last thing you want to hear, considering Oakland actually knows how to use a $40 million payroll to win and our FO isn't competent enough to screw in a lightbulb.

It's super annoying that our stadium was supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel regarding payroll... and the franchise has literally completely gone against that promise and reverted back to the exact same payroll tactics. By the same I mean spending less.

• 4 weeks later...

They will probably be thinking outside the box. I like the idea of signing Kelly Johnson to play 3B. He has some pretty good power from the left side and he might be in the Marlins' pay range. Along those same lines, I really would like to see them sign Geovany Soto to be the starting catcher. Once again, power and it the Marlins' salary range. For LF, I think a guy like Delmon Young, David Murphy, Jason Kubel or Tyler Colvin make sense. Everyone that they add should have a little bit of power. They can't afford and more singles hitters in the lineup.

Give me Schumacher loney and salty and I will happy as a clown.

You and Wild Card should be friends. I bet you like Zack Cox too.

Srsly. Salty has regression city written all over him. .372 BABIP and nearly 30% K rate? puhlease.

Schumacher is absolutely horrendous., He's a poor man's Ruggiano. Why the hell would you want him on our team?

Give me Schumacher loney and salty and I will happy as a clown.

You and Wild Card should be friends. I bet you like Zack Cox too.

Srsly. Salty has regression city written all over him. .372 BABIP and nearly 30% K rate? puhlease.

Schumacher is absolutely horrendous., He's a poor man's Ruggiano. Why the hell would you want him on our team?

And Ruggiano is already a poor man's Ruggiano!

We really need Skip Schumaker.

You guys simply don't understand the value of an undersized white guy who's played on winning teams.

He's got heart and plays with hustle. A real grinder!

I really do not have intentions to start an argument, but I don't know if I can agree with this, man ...

I see him more as a hoagie.