Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Ricky Nolasco traded to Dodgers

Well, I'm not 100% up to date with trade possibilities for Nolasco, but I did hear the Orioles are a possibility for needing a starting pitcher down the stretch.

If they're really desperate enough, do you think we could wrangle JJ Hardy from them? They've got Manny Machado they could slide over to short, maybe we could package Nolasco with someone who can play third for them (maybe a Zack Cox? I'm unfamiliar with their farm system, maybe Danny Valencia could man third for them, IDK). Forgive me if this is a SomethingFishy style trade idea, just food for thought.

If anyone else has ideas, throw them out here.

Why do we need players like Hardy? We need young players not guys who have been in the league for 7+ years who dont fill a need position. Not to mention the money im sure he is making.

SS is a need position. Hech is never going to be much of a hitter and despite the FO's rave reviews about his D, defensive metrics show he has been pretty poor over there.

I actually look at Hechavarria the same way I looked at Bonifacio and Abercrombie and countless others...guys who were toolsy, but really not very good and with limited upside, but they fit whatever mold Admin Beinfest thinks a player should be.

To be honest, I am sick of this type of player. I dont rag on Beinfest much, especially compared to others, but his infatuation with those types of players is borderline idiotic.

I'm not a Hechavarria fan myself, but you have to understand that the Marlins are going to guarantee him starts for at least this entire season (perhaps longer).

They aren't going to replace him with a full time SS. Quite frankly, I don't think that the Marlins in their current state need to go out and get a veteran infielder now, either. The season is mostly about experimenting with young talent.

I am not arguing any of that. What I meant was just because the Marlins refuse to admit that Hechavarria isnt very good and his upside is very limited doesnt mean that is the case.

SS is a need position. Hech is never going to be much of a hitter and despite the FO's rave reviews about his D, defensive metrics show he has been pretty poor over there.

I actually look at Hechavarria the same way I looked at Bonifacio and Abercrombie and countless others...guys who were toolsy, but really not very good and with limited upside, but they fit whatever mold Admin Beinfest thinks a player should be.

To be honest, I am sick of this type of player. I dont rag on Beinfest much, especially compared to others, but his infatuation with those types of players is borderline idiotic.

I agree about SS, I wonder if the Dodgers would consider Dee Gordon for Nolasco, they have Hanley so why would they need him?

anything and everything to win. the dodgers are the dumbest run organization in baseball. they have been connected to looking for starting pitching. they are only spending 20 million dollars more than the yankees, why not spend more?