Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Ricky Nolasco traded to Dodgers

I would relax on all the Hechavarria hate. He has been hitting better as of late and his defense is fantastic. I think his bat will come around.

He put up very solid numbers in AAA last year too so we know he can hit some.

He has shown some flashes this year.

I think we'll see Loria's true intentions when he trades Nolasco. If it isn't about money but rather building a contender, he'll pay for a good amount of the salary in return for decent prospects.

I think we'll see Loria's true intentions when he trades Nolasco. If it isn't about money but rather building a contender, he'll pay for a good amount of the salary in return for decent prospects.

I mean if he goes to SF or LA money won't be an issue to begin with and I'm sure those teams would rather pay than give up better prospects and I bet Loria will happily oblige.

Question is, what will we get??

I've always wondered how much the $6 million left to Nolasco for this season would impact such a deal. If the Marlins eat it, are they going to get back something a lot more worthwhile? Does it make no difference because they're likely to get minor prospects either way? Would the Marlins even be willing to eat the $6 million anyway?

I mean if he goes to SF or LA money won't be an issue to begin with and I'm sure those teams would rather pay than give up better prospects and I bet Loria will happily oblige.

This is my fear, I'm really hoping the Marlins eat the money and get back a better prospect(s).

This is my fear, I'm really hoping the Marlins eat the money and get back a better prospect(s).

Maybe with the Os that'll matter. But if he goes to the NL West, which I have my money on, then that $6m is squat to either of those teams and won't have any influence on what we get back.

And the desperate nature in which the fish are trying to unload him sounds to me like a salary dump more than a prospect acquisition play. The quicker they get rid of him, the less salary they have to pay.