Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Ricky Nolasco traded to Dodgers

Main difference is probably that he is only 1st year arbitration eligible this season whereas Nolasco is a 3 month rental. Even so, I highly doubt they get 2 top prospects for him.

The Astros are looking for a return of two top prospects for Bud Norris. MLBTR calls that reasonable

Nolasco before he was traded: 3.85 ERA, 1.220 WHIP
Norris so far this season: 3.63 ERA, 1.412 WHIP

so, if Loria was willing to cover Nolasco's contract we could have gotten two top prospects. great

Norris is under club control for 2 more years, I think, and he's being paid like 3M this year. He's also younger.

Nolasco pitched in a pitchers park. Norris in a hitters park. That may be their justification.

I'd say that's doubtful since Norris pitched much better at home than on the road.

Nolasco pitched in a pitchers park. Norris in a hitters park. That may be their justification.

I'd say that's doubtful since Norris pitched much better at home than on the road.So has John Lackey at Fenway this year. It's quite impressive.

The Astros are looking for a return of two top prospects for Bud Norris. MLBTR calls that reasonable

Nolasco before he was traded: 3.85 ERA, 1.220 WHIP
Norris so far this season: 3.63 ERA, 1.412 WHIP

so, if Loria was willing to cover Nolasco's contract we could have gotten two top prospects. great

Norris is under club control for 2 more years, I think, and he's being paid like 3M this year. He's also younger.Yea, totally diff scenarios. Not to mention "want" doesn't mean "will get".