2013 World Series Thread

Michael

Ten years of no playoffs. Cardinals/sox 7th World Series together in ten years. Getting tired of this. Loria spend money.

We tried that.

Marlins tried it for half a season and gave-up. That's not really trying.

That team was garbage.

Half a season was enough evidence really, that team was going nowhere.

It was pretty clear before opening day that they didn't build a playoff contender.

It was pretty clear before opening day that they didn't build a playoff contender.

That's cause they had this stupid idea of playing Hanley at third base instead of Coghlan playing third and leading off.

If Coghlan were playing third and leading off last year, this team would have won 160 games.

Alright, I think I'm done with this shtick.

Hindsight is 20/20... there were plenty of "experts" picking the Marlins to make the post-season...

Hindsight is 20/20... there were plenty of "experts" picking the Marlins to make the post-season...

I think the consensus around here was that it was a mid 80's win team.

I said that this was a 3rd/4th place team before opening day. Not exactly speaking in hindsight. It was obvious that the money they spent wasn't enough improvement from the 2011 team.