Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia signs

Featured Replies

Loria has a chance to make a couple strong moves after this. Moves that I really don't think he'll have to regret in a year like everything he did going into 2012.

 

Make a serious push for Napoli, use Salty as an influence, and dangle Morrison for something and I really can be excited and confident about our future.

I'm going to expect Salty to hit his fair share of doubles in our park to compensate for the HRs he'll probably lose. No one hit doubles for us last year.

Where do you guys think Salty will slot into the batting lineup?

 

Obviously more moves could be made, but as of now I don't see how he could hit lower than 5th/6th.

Make a serious push for Napoli, use Salty as an influence, and dangle Morrison for something and I really can be excited and confident about our future.

Sign Napoli, trade Morrison + pitcher for a third baseman/shortstop, sign Michael Young to play somewhere in the infield on a one year deal.

 

IDK, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

I'm going to expect Salty to hit his fair share of doubles in our park to compensate for the HRs he'll probably lose. No one hit doubles for us last year.

He had 40 doubles in 121 games last yr, hoping he'll be a doubles machine

Saw this on twitter, but Carlos Ruiz got 3/26 compared to Salty's 3/21. Much rather have Salty.

3/21 isn't as bad as I thought. This is a pretty good signing if he can give us 2 WAR per year.

One gigantic black hole is filled. Salty isn't a good defensive catcher, but he can hit. I like this move for the Fish.

love this deal by the fish both because of the player and the money. great deal for a solid catcher that leaves us one less hole in the lineup when he plays for only 7 mill a year? fantastic.

 

I would love to see what our plans for 3b are for next season but I think we need to trade morrison and upgrade 1b and then sign a stop gap 3b to play until moran is ready next year.

 

Our catching situation is actually kind of great now with the defensive minded mathis as well as the more offensive minded salty. Also he was my baseball coach at bucky dent baseball school quite a long time ago but that is kind of irrelevant.

One gigantic black hole is filled. Salty isn't a good defensive catcher, but he can hit. I like this move for the Fish.

Salty is not a bad defensive catcher.

We got Salty, AND didn't have to give him a blank check.

 

Ain't that some shit?

 

Who knows, but don't underestimate the role that being close to home played in this deal.

Yelich

Dietrich

Stanton

Morrison

Salty

Ozuna

3b

Hech

 

Think we might need one more power bat at 3b. I feel like we are missing about 25 hr's barring a power surge from Lomo or Ozuna breaking out this year or Yelich showing more power than anticipated.

Saw this on twitter, but Carlos Ruiz got 3/26 compared to Salty's 3/21. Much rather have Salty.

Ruiz got that money because Ruben Amaro is arguably the worst GM in baseball and he loves to overpay for 'his guys'. Remember that he signed Ruiz immediately after the season ended with no negotiation.

We got Salty, AND didn't have to give him a blank check.

 

Ain't that some shit?

 

Who knows, but don't underestimate the role that being close to home played in this deal.

I think that, and the third year, played the biggest role.

Didn't Salty have medical issues, as well? Maybe that drove his price down.

 

Absolutely hate this mans last name, btw.

Didn't Salty have medical issues, as well? Maybe that drove his price down.

 

Absolutely hate this mans last name, btw.

 

I refuse to learn how to spell it.

 

Salty it is.

Didn't Salty have medical issues, as well? Maybe that drove his price down.

 

Absolutely hate this mans last name, btw.

 

I refuse to learn how to spell it.

 

Salty it is.Salt

a

la

Macch

i

a

 

It's as easy as Mientkiewicz and Alburquerque.

 

And Grudzielanek.

Didn't Salty have medical issues, as well? Maybe that drove his price down.

 

Absolutely hate this mans last name, btw.

 

I refuse to learn how to spell it.

 

Salty it is.Salt

a

la

Macch

i

a

 

It's as easy as Mientkiewicz and Alburquerque.

 

And Grudzielanek.

And Hechavarria

Didn't Salty have medical issues, as well? Maybe that drove his price down.

 

Absolutely hate this mans last name, btw.

 

I refuse to learn how to spell it.

 

Salty it is.Salt

a

la

Macch

i

a

 

It's as easy as Mientkiewicz and Alburquerque.

 

And Grudzielanek.

And HechavarriaAnd Catalanotto.

And ... yeah, that's enough.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.