Jarrod Saltalamacchia signs

Admin

Make a serious push for Napoli, use Salty as an influence, and dangle Morrison for something and I really can be excited and confident about our future.

Sign Napoli, trade Morrison + pitcher for a third baseman/shortstop, sign Michael Young to play somewhere in the infield on a one year deal.

IDK, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

love this deal by the fish both because of the player and the money. great deal for a solid catcher that leaves us one less hole in the lineup when he plays for only 7 mill a year? fantastic.

I would love to see what our plans for 3b are for next season but I think we need to trade morrison and upgrade 1b and then sign a stop gap 3b to play until moran is ready next year.

Our catching situation is actually kind of great now with the defensive minded mathis as well as the more offensive minded salty. Also he was my baseball coach at bucky dent baseball school quite a long time ago but that is kind of irrelevant.

Saw this on twitter, but Carlos Ruiz got 3/26 compared to Salty's 3/21. Much rather have Salty.

Ruiz got that money because Ruben Amaro is arguably the worst GM in baseball and he loves to overpay for 'his guys'. Remember that he signed Ruiz immediately after the season ended with no negotiation.

Didn't Salty have medical issues, as well? Maybe that drove his price down.

Absolutely hate this mans last name, btw.

I refuse to learn how to spell it.

Salty it is.Salt

a

la

Macch

i

a

It's as easy as Mientkiewicz and Alburquerque.

And Grudzielanek.

And HechavarriaAnd Catalanotto.

And ... yeah, that's enough.