Marlins to sign Furcal

Playoff guys as in guys with playoff experience. I don't bentancourt has ever been there,

Playoff guys play on good teams, that's why they're playoff guys. Furcal is a playoff guy much like Juan Pierre and Placido Polanco were playoff guys...

Why does everyone keep wondering who will be playing third base? It sure as hell won't be Solano.

Probably because there's no one in the organization capable of playing it short-term.Yup Moran is a good year away at least. Need to sign somebody or stuck with the Dietrich/Solano platoon of goodness

Why does everyone keep wondering who will be playing third base? It sure as hell won't be Solano.

Probably because there's no one in the organization capable of playing it short-term.Seems like the organization disagrees with you. Michael Hill himself, just yesterday, said he envisioned Dietrich as a likely candidate to play third base next year. Considering he was originally a SS, and is a power bat, I am not surprised.

Probably because there's no one in the organization capable of playing it short-term.Yup Moran is a good year away at least. Need to sign somebody or stuck with the Dietrich/Solano platoon of goodness

No need for a platoon, Dietrich seems to hit lefties OK.

Probably because there's no one in the organization capable of playing it short-term.Seems like the organization disagrees with you. Michael Hill himself, just yesterday, said he envisioned Dietrich as a likely candidate to play third base next year. Considering he was originally a SS, and is a power bat, I am not surprised.

That's how I know I'm right.

No need for a platoon, Dietrich seems to hit lefties OK.Wow, I was actually about to attempt to statistically refute that last line, but you're not wrong! :o

Looking at the stats, he was actually abysmal against righties.

It's the 2nd base signing version of last year's Juan Pierre signing.

>_>

This isn't going to end well.

But then again, it's one year and we're not going to the playoffs in 2014, so whatever.

Meh

Not really all in on this if it means Dietrich won't be given the opportunity to win the position in spring training, but if he gets a shot at 3rd then I guess its okay. Still need a power bat. If this ends up being a Lomo, Furcal, Hech, Uribe infield than I'll be the first to say that this sucks.

No need for a platoon, Dietrich seems to hit lefties OK.Wow, I was actually about to attempt to statistically refute that last line, but you're not wrong! :eek:

Looking at the stats, he was actually abysmal against righties.

He hit righties fine until he hit that slump. I'm really not as worried as everyone else seems to be.

Such a stupid signing. This team is run by a bunch of idiots

I actually really like the signing. This team was really missing someone that is capable of batting second behind Yelich, and Furcal is really a perfect fit. Not to mention watching Hech and Furcal turn two will be fun to watch.

Obviously I'd rather see Dietrich start the season at 2B. This signing is dumb just because I feel Dietrich has very little left to prove in the minors and should be getting regular at bats in a season where we'd be lucky to get near .500 anyway.

I was cool with a one year stopgap at 3B and MAYBE at 2B if the player was right. Furcal is just wasted time.