2014 Lineup Projections

Morse has an OPS over .800 against both right and left. That's over his entire MAJOR LEAGUE career.

Lucas did that last year. Again, Morse OPS'd .666 against lefties last year... over .200+ below Lucas. That's a huge difference. Why go out of the way to replace Ed Lucas, who is absolutely fine as a part time platoon guy that offers depth at every single infield position?

Morse has a much more impressive track record and was injured for most of last season.

Aren't you the person that hates to go by a players "track record" and only likes to look at "what have you done for me lately"? You just go with whatever is most convenient for your argument.

Mike Morse may or may not be an improvement, but we shouldn't give him millions of dollars and a guaranteed roster spot to find out when we have much less expensive options in house that will likely perform at the same level, or close to it.

Morse has an OPS over .800 against both right and left. That's over his entire MAJOR LEAGUE career.

Lucas did that last year. Again, Morse OPS'd .666 against lefties last year... over .200+ below Lucas. That's a huge difference. Why go out of the way to replace Ed Lucas, who is absolutely fine as a part time platoon guy that offers depth at every single infield position?

Morse has a much more impressive track record and was injured for most of last season.

Aren't you the person that hates to go by a players "track record" and only likes to look at "what have you done for me lately"? You just go with whatever is most convenient for your argument.

Mike Morse may or may not be an improvement, but we shouldn't give him millions of dollars and a guaranteed roster spot to find out when we have much less expensive options in house that will likely perform at the same level, or close to it.

Not at all, especially when injury is a factor.

Glad to hear you're so forgiving all of a sudden. Maybe now you'll give Furcal a chance, you know, because he's coming off an injury and has a good track record.

Glad to hear you're so forgiving all of a sudden. Maybe now you'll give Furcal a chance, you know, because he's coming off an injury and has a good track record.

Oh please. I don't categorically make any statements. Furcal is 36 years old now--hardly the same situation Morse was in. He is one year removed from his last decent season, Furcal is 3 years removed.

Glad to hear you're so forgiving all of a sudden. Maybe now you'll give Furcal a chance, you know, because he's coming off an injury and has a good track record.I knew you were going to go there. Come on.

We're looking for the likely cause of the performance. Furcal's injury likely played a role, but he's been on a downward trend and is old. This doesn't indicate a high likelihood for recovery.

On the other hand, Morse is 5 years younger, and his numbers were better more recently (than Furcal's). The injury is more likely to be a larger part of Morse's decreased performance than Furcal's, and there is a much better chance of, in 2014, Morse performing closer to his previous numbers than Furcal.

This isn't that complicated, mate.

Glad to hear you're so forgiving all of a sudden. Maybe now you'll give Furcal a chance, you know, because he's coming off an injury and has a good track record.I knew you were going to go there. Come on.

We're looking for the likely cause of the performance. Furcal's injury likely played a role, but he's been on a downward trend and is old. This doesn't indicate a high likelihood for recovery.

On the other hand, Morse is 5 years younger, and his numbers were better more recently (than Furcal's). The injury is more likely to be a larger part of Morse's decreased performance than Furcal's, and there is a much better chance of, in 2014, Morse performing closer to his previous numbers than Furcal.

This isn't that complicated, mate.

I don't like the idea of bringing a struggling, aging slugger and putting him in Marlins Park. That's just me. Furcal doesn't play a position that demands superior offense, either, and he provides an above average glove while Morse is below average.

I just don't like the idea.

Now that is hypocritical. Morse is on the wrong side of 30, but I wouldn't say he's "aging" at this point. And yet you like the signing of the 36 year old Furcal who is declining both offensively and defensively?

Now that is hypocritical. Morse is on the wrong side of 30, but I wouldn't say he's "aging" at this point. And yet you like the signing of the 36 year old Furcal who is declining both offensively and defensively?

Because Furcal doesn't play a position that demands offense, at the minimum he plays average defense, and HE FILLS A HOLE.

We don't need a corner outfielder. We don't need a first baseman. Why make room for a huge question mark that plays positions we don't need to fill? It's just dumb.

2B doesn't demand great offense, but he should bring some improvement to the table. Otherwise they should have stuck with Solano. Playing a less offensively demanding position is no excuse for sucking. He was a minus defender in his last two seasons. That was at SS, but he seems to be mostly plagued by deteriorating range (not arm problems). I wouldn't expect much improvement at 2B.

If Jones is going to be the primary first baseman, the Marlins will need someone to hit against LHB. They might also need the OF depth if Ozuna sucks (certainly possible) and someone else (like Ruggiano) needs to man CF. They might also not want to start Yelich against LHP every game.

In addition to the rumors that they were interested in Trumbo and Uribe (and probably at least one other player I'm forgetting). It's unquestionable that they are trying to improve on the status quo at 3B.

In addition to the rumors that they were interested in Trumbo and Uribe (and probably at least one other player I'm forgetting). It's unquestionable that they are trying to improve on the status quo at 3B.

Good thing Mike Morse doesn't play third base.

Couldn't they platoon Jones and Morse at first with Lucas and another player at third? I don't know if they have interest in Chavez or Betemit but that seems more appropriate. Or maybe sign Morse to play full time at first with Jones platooning with Ruggiano. That way you leave Ozuna in the minors.

Angels announced Trumbo is available. Trumbo > Morse

Of course, but nobody wants to pay their price. Not worth Eovaldi.

You're right, why would anyone want a guy that could hit 30 homers in a season?

For a guy who throws 100 MPH... in the rotation... under 25... with like 5 years of club control... who is cheap? No thanks.

Trumbo can't get on base over .300. For a power hitter in the middle of the lineup, that's no bueno.

Of course, but nobody wants to pay their price. Not worth Eovaldi.Angels announced Trumbo is available. Trumbo > Morse

Of course, but nobody wants to pay their price. Not worth Eovaldi.Yeah, unless the price drops - no thanks.I agree 100% but the price may drop and I would love to have him if it does

Of course, but nobody wants to pay their price. Not worth Eovaldi.Angels announced Trumbo is available. Trumbo > Morse

Of course, but nobody wants to pay their price. Not worth Eovaldi.Yeah, unless the price drops - no thanks.I agree 100% but the price may drop and I would love to have him if it does

In that case, yes, I'd be happy to have him.

The big question is, do they acquire him to play 1B or 3B?

In that case, yes, I'd be happy to have him.

The big question is, do they acquire him to play 1B or 3B?I guess 1st and platoon Jones in left? idk, I just like that bat in the lineup lol