2014 Lineup Projections

Being a player who was putting up really good numbers that has no relevance to this topic.

He also had already had two years of MLB experience at that point.

Also, it's Miguel fucking Cabrera. Don't even try and compare them. Only one that compares to Cabrera right now is Trout. (And back then, as well, considering Trout is going into his age 22 season next year)

Morrison stinks. He's very replaceable.

Jones > Morrison?

Or just a statement?

They're basically the same guy.

That's my point. He's so replaceable that we already replaced him. I would be surprised if we get a valuable player in a Logan Morrison trade. No team is that dumb. Teams are just interested because he can be a serviceable platoon bat and they want to buy low. That's all he is. It's just going to be a minor trade. It's insane that Pedro Alvarez name has even been mentioned as a speculative return on this board, by the way.

Morrison has been terrible, so I'm happy we're replacing him. I knew there was no way in hell they would just start Jones full time.

It would be ideal to acquire Trumbo/Morales/Morse to stop gap at first and have Jones platoon with Ruggiano, though. Platoon Lucas at third with someone like Chavez. Seems like they're both going to platoon at first.

Someone ought to create Godwin's Law for Miguel Cabrera on these forums.

Would you explain this law for us too lazy to Google?

Godwin's Law states that, as an online discussion lengthens in time, the probability of someone making a comparison to Hitler or Nazis approaches 1. It seems to happen on these boards every time there's a discussion. Miguel Cabrera always comes up, and usually in a ridiculous way lol

Someone ought to create Godwin's Law for Miguel Cabrera on these forums.

Would you explain this law for us too lazy to Google?

Godwin's Law states that, as an online discussion lengthens in time, the probability of someone making a comparison to Hitler or Nazis approaches 1. It seems to happen on these boards every time there's a discussion. Miguel Cabrera always comes up, and usually in a ridiculous way lolAh, ok. Thanks :lol

Jones > Morrison?

Or just a statement?

I think Jones is better than Morrison right now. Can't think of too many teams he could start for.Apparently there's at least 7 teams he would start for, because that's how many are interested in trading for him as of today.

Jones > Morrison?

Or just a statement?

I think Jones is better than Morrison right now. Can't think of too many teams he could start for.Apparently there's at least 7 teams he would start for, because that's how many are interested in trading for him as of today.

Or be a platoon player, and those are weren't as much.

Jones > Morrison?

Or just a statement?

Or be a platoon player, and those are weren't as much.

LoMo hits lefties OK I believe. Don't think he's a true platoon candidate.

Morrison hit .183 with a .491 OPS against lefty pitchers in 2013. He is a career .244 hitter with a .707 OPS against lefties. That screams platoon player in my book.

His splits are close in his career. He can be an everyday guy. Heck, he hit lefties better than he hit righthanders for a while.

DeAza is probably available after the White Sox picked up Adam Eaton today. I bet he wouldn't cost much prospect wise and he would be an upgrade in LF. And he can hit at the top of the lineup.

You do know that Yelich is our LF, right?