LoMo traded to Seattle

Is this backin guy really refusing a bet because the money would go to his pocket rather than this website where he posts his drivel? Tsk tsk tsk.

That's why I bet him a ban instead. Maybe we can get a month in October without having to hear it.

Is there a scenario in which you could both lose?If LoMo plays exactly 119 games.

Is this backin guy really refusing a bet because the money would go to his pocket rather than this website where he posts his drivel? Tsk tsk tsk.

That's why I bet him a ban instead. Maybe we can get a month in October without having to hear it.

What happens to our bet btw now since Furcal is gonna start (barring injury)?

What happens to our bet btw now since Furcal is gonna start (barring injury)?Both of you just donate to the site and call it even. :mischief2

What happens to our bet btw now since Furcal is gonna start (barring injury)?Both of you just donate to the site and call it even. :mischief2

lol. you ain't getting me that easy Admin. you gotta earn it!

Can someone here name a player whom Wild Card underrates?

I bet that nobody can come up with one.

Mike Olt... Or is that an overrate of Derek Dietrich?

If you want to get philosophical, he underrates the league as a collective entity by overrating his selected players. He actually underrates more than he overrates!

If Dietrich doesn't play 120 games, then the bet is void if that's cool with you. Apparently that's the magic number. Between 2B and 3B, he should probably hit that number.

And I am absolutely fine with being overly optimistic. I'm not blind, I understand my predictions generally favor our team and players, I am cool with my teal colored glasses. I feel sorry for those of you that can't feel the same way. Must be a sad existence.

Not a sad existence at all. That's quite pessimistic, actually, for you to say that. And a bit dickish. "Think like me or you live a sad life."

I am fine with a difference in opinion here and there. It's the people that can't seem to find anything positive about any situation, or any player, that I feel sorry for. Must be boring, always assuming and/or expecting the worst.

If Dietrich doesn't play 120 games, then the bet is void if that's cool with you. Apparently that's the magic number. Between 2B and 3B, he should probably hit that number.

And I am absolutely fine with being overly optimistic. I'm not blind, I understand my predictions generally favor our team and players, I am cool with my teal colored glasses. I feel sorry for those of you that can't feel the same way. Must be a sad existence.

Like you, my existence is also validated by my perception of a baseball team's players!

Like you, my existence is also validated by my perception of a baseball team's players!

Yes, because I meant for anyone to take my comment on a baseball message board that literal.

Yes, because I meant for anyone to take my comment on a baseball message board that literal.dude, everyone knows the Internet is serious business. That meme's almost as old as dialup. Get with the program.

If you don't think that Zack Cox has the potential to be a decent baseball player, you lead a hopeless and empty life.

I see him as a perennial AAA player, and but then again there is a hole where my soul should be, filled with darkness and despair. /:emo: (I guess these days it would be more appropriate to say #emo?)

If you don't think that Zack Cox has the potential to be a decent baseball player, you lead a hopeless and empty life.

I see him as a perennial AAA player, and but then again there is a hole where my soul should be, filled with darkness and despair. /:emo: (I guess these days it would be more appropriate to say #emo?)I feel sorry for you

It's just being realistic, though. Not at all boring.

We'd like something to be more optimistic about, though. Which I am, I like our future. This season, I'm optimistic it'll be better than 2013 by a good number of games, but we're not going to the playoffs or anything. Realism.

I don't think we'll be better by a good number of games. How many wins do you predict?

We'd like something to be more optimistic about, though. Which I am, I like our future. This season, I'm optimistic it'll be better than 2013 by a good number of games, but we're not going to the playoffs or anything. Realism.

I don't think we'll be better by a good number of games. How many wins do you predict?Around 70. That would be "a good number of games," I think.

I don't think we'll be better by a good number of games. How many wins do you predict?Around 70. That would be "a good number of games," I think.

Is it bad that I still think we won't crack 70 wins? Off season isn't over yet but I'm not sure we're going to do much else other than acquiring a 3rd baseman.

Is it bad that I still think we won't crack 70 wins? Off season isn't over yet but I'm not sure we're going to do much else other than acquiring a 3rd baseman.It's a plausible thought, definitely. Nothing wrong with thinking we'd not crack 70 wins.

I think that all of the moves that the Marlins have made this offseason don't give much of a net gain in wins. Salty maybe added 2-3 wins, but I don't think that the other guys will contribute anything measurable, especially if they start Garrett Jones against LHP.

For the team to improve drastically from 2013, a lot of the guys will need to step of their game from last season. Offensively, the only guys I can really see improving much are Yelich and Stanton. That is assuming of course that Stanton stays healthy and isn't traded by the deadline.