Favorite Vacation Spot?

MrMarlinPride

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You really should go to another country where they allow you to drink at any age, makes sense. I mean why is it legal to get behind a 1 ton car that can go upto 100 mph at 16 yo, but you cant have a can of Bud at 20...??:confused: Which is pretty weak stuff anyway.lol

Fake IDs work wonders at bars and some clubs but can't gamble yet. I do want to go to England and Ireland though, but not to just drink.

edit: sorry, not currently sober.

Las Vegas.

It's less than a four hour drive for me, and it's actually a fun drive if you like desert scenery like I do. Plus, it is always awesome once you get there. (That Nipton-Primm-Jean-Vegas stretch is really exciting) Also, if you know what you're doing, it can be really affordable. My wife and I just spent three days at TI and spent less than $300 total.

Las Vegas.

It's less than a four hour drive for me, and it's actually a fun drive if you like desert scenery like I do. Plus, it is always awesome once you get there. (That Nipton-Primm-Jean-Vegas stretch is really exciting) Also, if you know what you're doing, it can be really affordable. My wife and I just spent three days at TI and spent less than $300 total.

Teach me your ways!

Teach me your ways!

First of all, buy your own booze! We spent only $70 on booze, and that was even because we splurged for some nicer stuff. (In line with this, make sure your room has a fridge!) Then, book mid-week as that's of course going to be cheaper. When you check-in, sandwich a $20 between your ID and your credit card. When the front desk employee asks you what that's for, let them know it's a tip for helping you find the best available room and any complimentary upgrades. They'll take your $20 and place it in view of the cameras (so that it's officially a tip and not a bribe) and then (ideally) they'll hook you up. We got an upgrade to the next room class, a free bottle of champagne, two 2-for-1 buffet coupons, and a bunch of 2-for-1 cocktail/beer coupons. I've heard that different employees will "give" you different things, so it relies on a bit of luck, but hell...it's Vegas!