How excited are you for the 2014 season?

Baseball is right around the corner, and I just can't get myself to feel all that excited. I can't even get myself to have one of those delusions where the Marlins might surprise people and compete this year. No, I feel like this roster makes for another predictable "fight for the basement" seasons. I am just so indifferent towards this team right now. Sure, I'll probably watch a lot at the beginning of the year, but its hard not to believe they will be out of it by Memorial Day as usual.

Anyone else feel the same way? Things have been really quiet around here and I sense there is zero buzz about this team. There is absolutely no momentum in trying to sign Stanton. Realistically, he's a goner, and it could happen as early as this year.

Its like we're getting ourselves ready to go through the motions of another season that really has very little hope of becoming something else.

I'm excited to see guys like Fernandez and Yelich and how they progress. Yeah we're probably not going to be very competitive, but I also don't think we'll be another 100 loss team.

As far as Stanton goes, I hope he puts up a monster season. Even if we don't get to keep him long term, at least we might get some really nice pieces for him. That is, unless we botch that up 2007 style.

Excited to see my favorite guy in the org for a while play his first full year in Yelich. I realistically think this guy can top 20-25 homers and hit around .280. Got all the talent in the world. Jose is going to be fun to watch too.

Other than that I'm with you on the indifference. Like you said usually at this time of year I'm talking about baseball every day, picking out the games I know I want to go to, etc. This year, other than picking my ST games and getting OD tix, I'm just not too giddy. First time it's ever happened. Whether that's because I know we are probably going to be eliminated realistically early or not I dont know. But it probably is.

That's as far as the Marlins go. As far as baseball I'm really excited for the year. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Not expecting much, so hopefully we get pleasantly surprised. However realistically expecting a 85-90 loss season. Am improvement, but still a laughingstock. And of course when Stanton is traded Loria will be raked over the coals again and with good reason.

I'm always excited for baseball season....I have MLB Extra Innings so I watch 2-3 games a day no matter what.

I'm always excited about baseball season. Being a realist, I think the Marlins will probably finish in last place in the N.L. East. The thing that does excite me about the Fish is the pitching staff. I think they have a lot of young pitchers with nice upsides. To improve in the standings, they are going to have to hit. The pressure will be on Saltalamacchia, Jones, Furcal and McGehee. Hard to get too excited about that quartet. Think of the message that the Marlins will be sending the fans if they deal Stanton this year (no matter what they get back). It will be that the Marlins won't pay a player at least through his arbitration years....which means they will be a never ending rebuilding project.

It's very hard to get excited after 2 consecutive years of crap from the team. Aside from that brief great month of May in 2012 the team has been painful to watch. Last year we had loads of kids playing but really, only Fernandez was consistently entertaining. Last year was hands down the worst team I've ever seen taking the field for the fish and it took a lot of the wind out of my sails. I was disappointed I actually paid money for MLB Season Ticket so I could actually watch the fish last year and then by the all-star break I just couldn't get into watching them beyond every fifth day when Fernandez pitched. I'm not going to scrape together the money for season ticket again this year to watch a ton of shutouts and 3-1, 2-1 losses night after night. I will follow the boxscores religiously to keep tabs on guys but that's about it for me.

Guest Vince0926

If the offense matures, like Hechavarria and solano improve, watch out. Think about salty vs. brantly, mcgehee vs. polanco and yelich vs. Pierre.....no comparison. Jones vs. Morrison is a toss up. Furcal should be an improvement over Dietrich, at least by average.

If the offense matures, like Hechavarria and solano improve, watch out. Think about salty vs. brantly, mcgehee vs. polanco and yelich vs. Pierre.....no comparison. Jones vs. Morrison is a toss up. Furcal should be an improvement over Dietrich, at least by average.

Vince - good points. The improvements are obvious when you look position by position. If we can stay healthy and our pitching stays solid, I'm telling you, could be "near" the top of the NL East.