As Loria's world turns

Speaking of Greg Dobbs and photo blackmail, anybody else absolutely convinced Dobbs is gay? Like, it's totally obvious. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Sorry for being off topic.

Back to baseball, I have no problems with Dobbs being on this team. The good thing is this year he won't have to focus on getting consistent playing time. He is almost exclusively a pinch hitter on this team, and that's what he's best at. If he doesn't hit, just release him.

Weird post.

Also the marlins played 28 games in which they lost by giving up less than 3 runs. Now last year I said if we can score 5 a game we would win a bunch. If they scored FOUR in those 28 games , add that to 62 and you guessed it, we would have tied with the reds for the second wild card spot. I hope this makes us feel better considering that yes, we have improved our offense and showcases how dismal our offense was last year. Pitching doesn't need to be better this year, just needs to be as consistent.

Aw, geez, some people are never satisfied.

I was pondering the turnover and remembered that I had said something about that back in April last year. So, I looked it up: "Look on the bright side -- 1/2 or more of the current 25-man roster won't be here a year from now."

Could be up to 19 of 25 gone if Solano and Koehler don't make the team. 17, 18, 19, doesn't matter, it's all a good thing, relatively speaking.

I'm certainly not defending Loria. He was clearly much more responsible for last year than this year. And we're still stuck with Dobbs, who is apparently the left-handed version of Helms, for 1.7 mill. What a giant bargain he is now that we have a ton of other veteran, good "club-house" guys like Furcal, McGehee, Baker, Jones, Saltalamacchia, Bogusevic and Marmol. Whatever would we do without Dobbs? Does he have pictures?

And, no, I'm not Samson. But, I did stay in a Holiday Inn at some point maybe 30 years ago.

Why did you have to point out this stupidity about some people "doubting" you? It's like you are going out of your way to pat yourself on the back and makes this thread seem rather pointless, as Erick said.

You weren't really going out on a limb in projecting that guys like Miguel Olivo, Nick Green, Austin Kearns, Mahoney, and Valaika would not be back for 2014. Guys like Polanco and Pierre were signed for 1 year deals so most would have expected them to be gone anyway.

So basically you said nothing last year, are saying nothing again right now, and yet you are congratulating yourself for some reason.

Also the marlins played 28 games in which they lost by giving up less than 3 runs. Now last year I said if we can score 5 a game we would win a bunch. If they scored FOUR in those 28 games , add that to 62 and you guessed it, we would have tied with the reds for the second wild card spot. I hope this makes us feel better considering that yes, we have improved our offense and showcases how dismal our offense was last year. Pitching doesn't need to be better this year, just needs to be as consistent.

This seems like a roundabout way to say we will be better if the offense is better.