Dolphins Fire Turner, O'Neill

Guest Guest

Watching Turner on Hard Knocks, he just seemed like a Richie Incognito like person, but I just assume that's how a lot of coaches are like in the NFL.

The Dolphins are a mess. We're stuck in that territory where we're too good to tank for a top QB, but not good enough to be taken seriously even if we do make the playoffs in the weak AFC.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Tannehill supporter. He's the best QB we've had since Marino and he improved on his rookie season (the sophomore slump was a real concern, so it was great to see him do better). I'm just worried that the Dolphins might not ever be an 11-12 win team with him leading us. He'll be a top 15 QB by the end of next year, but I'm not sure I see him being a top 10 QB at any point in the near future. The Dolphins will obviously ride Tannehill for a long time because being an 8 or 9 win team sure as hell beats being a two or three win team, but if Tannehill can't become a 4000 yard, 90 QB rating, 10+ more TD's than INT's kind of guy next season, I'd be worried about going into the future with the guy.

You don't need to have a top pick to draft a QB. That line of thinking is stupid. There are quarterbacks that are picked in the middle rounds and perform well. Tannehill had an OK season last year based on the situation in Miami, but there is a possibility he's not the guy. He certainly hasn't played well enough to stop us from using a 2nd round pick on someone like Garroppolo, for example.

Hey don't think I don't know that. I'm the guy who was asking for Wilson the 2nd round in 2012 (I would've taken him 2nd instead of 3rd) and Kaepernick in the 2nd round. It's just easier to find THE guy at the very top of the draft as opposed to looking for undervalued guys in the mid rounds.

I'm always a fan of taking chances on QB's regardless of your team's situation, but there's no need to draft one in the first six rounds with Tannehill/Moore/Devlin under contract. I'm just saying AFTER this upcoming year if Tannehill doesn't take another step forward that it could possibly be time to take a second and think whether Tannehill is the right guy long term. I had issues about him entering the draft (and a few of the issues I had with him then stand now), so it's just natural for me to stay a bit skeptical of him joining the elite level.

Hey don't think I don't know that. I'm the guy who was asking for Wilson the 2nd round in 2012 (I would've taken him 2nd instead of 3rd) and Kaepernick in the 2nd round. It's just easier to find THE guy at the very top of the draft as opposed to looking for undervalued guys in the mid rounds.

I'm always a fan of taking chances on QB's regardless of your team's situation, but there's no need to draft one in the first six rounds with Tannehill/Moore/Devlin under contract. I'm just saying AFTER this upcoming year if Tannehill doesn't take another step forward that it could possibly be time to take a second and think whether Tannehill is the right guy long term. I had issues about him entering the draft (and a few of the issues I had with him then stand now), so it's just natural for me to stay a bit skeptical of him joining the elite level.

I just don't want to wait until next year. I think if there is a guy they like in this draft, and he just happens to have a second round value, they should pick him. Tannehill hasn't played at the level to make me comfortable passing on anyone.

As far as Moore/Devlin go, Moore will probably be released/traded. You save around 4 million doing so, and I think his contract was always meant to be a one year deal. Devlin is a FA. Tannehill is the only one guaranteed to be here next year, I think.

Good call on C-Kap, btw. I remembered you were high on him. I had my doubts but wanted to give him a chance because Harbaugh drafted him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.