Brian Bogusevic DFA

Gotta love the people ripping the front office for the Ruggiano trade. Ruggiano stinks. He is a career .747 ops guy with a career .310 OBP. If he didn't get hot when it didn't matter that half year he was here in 2012 he wouldn't break .700 career OPS. Flat out is completely replaceable. We traded him because he was going to get a raise and he stinks.

We took a flyer on a cheaper fourth outfielder type. It was still a good trade no matter what in that we cleared the 2 million from Ruggiano at a position where we have extreme depth.

Please for the love of god stop overrating him.

Gotta love the people ripping the front office for the Ruggiano trade. Ruggiano stinks. He is a career .747 ops guy with a career .310 OBP. If he didn't get hot when it didn't matter that half year he was here in 2012 he wouldn't break .700 career OPS. Flat out is completely replaceable. We traded him because he was going to get a raise and he stinks.

We took a flyer on a cheaper fourth outfielder type. It was still a good trade no matter what in that we cleared the 2 million from Ruggiano at a position where we have extreme depth.

Please for the love of god stop overrating him.

Cleared 2 million to sign Dobbs or marmol. Good job FO.

Also, I'm not sure you know what replacement level player is. Here's a hint, they don't have a positive WAR.

Cleared 2 million to sign Dobbs or marmol. Good job FO.

Also, I'm not sure you know what replacement level player is. Here's a hint, they don't have a positive WAR.

Just because those 2 might cost 2 million doesnt necessarily mean we got rid of him for 2 million just to sign those 2. Esepcially for a small market team like us 2 million is a lot and can be put to good use elsewhere to fill holes in other places rather than use on a replacement level 4th outfielder.

And he had a .1 WAR last year. Thats pretty much a replacement level player.

Like i said, if he didn't have that ridiculous 2012 that doesnt match his production anywhere else in his career you guys wouldn't be making such a big deal out of nothing. He isn't worth anything more than the minimum and we traded him instead of paying him 2 million. Good trade.

Ruggiano had a good ST to make matters worse, We didn't even get a young prospect for Ruggiano, we got the Cubs 30 y/o 5th Outfielder who's hitting stats were inflated for playing in Wrigley...Horrible trade! Hill/Jennings made a huge blunder on this one

I'm sorry, but what young prospect could we have realistically gotten for Ruggiano, especially after his 2013 numbers? Probably some 25 year old who could barely cut it in AA.

Ok true but potentially losing Bogusevic makes that trade nothing more than a salary dump. And for just two millionis somewhat laughable. Oh well

and dumping 2 million in salary for a guy who probably wouldn't have been our best choice as our 4th OF makes it a good deal.

I know this franchise's fans poops their pants when they hear the phrase salary dump but salary dumps are not always bad. In this case freeing up 2 million for a non starter who didn't really have a role anymore is a great deal, regardless of whether we got anything back for him or not.

and dumping 2 million in salary for a guy who probably wouldn't have been our best choice as our 4th OF makes it a good deal.

I know this franchise's fans poops their pants when they hear the phrase salary dump but salary dumps are not always bad. In this case freeing up 2 million for a non starter who didn't really have a role anymore is a great deal, regardless of whether we got anything back for him or not.

Based on ur logic we actually shouldn't compare Ruggiano to Bogusevic but instead to Reed Johnson. Cuzur saying the salary dump was to make room for a cheaper potentially better 4th outfielder and that turned out to be Johnson and not Bogusevic. So I guess we'll have to see if Reed ends up being a better backup than Ruggiano.

Ya, but Ruggiano for 2 million isnt better than any of our outfield choices currently.

$2 million isn't negligible but it's also far from being a big deal. The Marlins have wasted much more than $2 million this season on pointless/bad signings and acquisitions.

Ruggiano is better than Reed Johnson in all likelihood and having him on the roster would have made it easier to keep Ozuna in the minors.

He definitely would have been the best choice for 4th OFer and probably would have been starting since the Marlins want to keep Marisnick in the minors for now. I would also argue that he has a role--he would have been the temporary CFer while Ozuna and Marisnick spend time in the minors.

I'm sorry, but what young prospect could we have realistically gotten for Ruggiano, especially after his 2013 numbers? Probably some 25 year old who could barely cut it in AA.

I don't think we could have gotten Bryant or Baez, but Dan Vogelbach or Mike Olt would have definitely been reasonable and available. Olt needs a change of scenery