New Platoon Lineup

Wild Card

I wouldn't call this a platoon yet. Isn't this just Jones' first off day? They wisely chose to do it against a lefty, but I don't think this signals a platoon yet. Way too early to abandon the idea of giving Jones more opportunities against lefties. Plus, Solano hadn't yet started a game so that was part of the equation too.

Baker isn't going anywhere, Solano and Dietrich will both go down when Furcal and Lucas come back. Then one of them will come back when Furcal gets hurt again.

If it happened tomorrow, No way Dietrich goes down. We'll see when the time comes if he's still hitting, but I'm pretty confident he's here to stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Do u guys think reed Johnson is actually better than Yelich in this lineup on a consistent basis? Honest question, just cuz if it's me I stick with Yelich even against the lefty and just use reed for spot starts.

I think this was just a spot start for Reed.

Do u guys think reed Johnson is actually better than Yelich in this lineup on a consistent basis? Honest question, just cuz if it's me I stick with Yelich even against the lefty and just use reed for spot starts.

Reed Johnson is a better hitter against left-handed pitching than Christian Yelich. Still, we should be into developing young players so Yelich should continue to get opportunities against lefties.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.