4/23 Post Game Thread.

SongInTheAir

Hes a 4+ Era guy at best that has no business getting the ball in the 8th innning with the game on the line. Below average

Career 3.55 era over 200 IP. 4+ era guy at best though.

Dunn will be fine. He is still striking out people, the BABIP is high, the HR/FB is high, LD rate below career average. Sample size. Frustrating, but he's not the main problem. Neither is the bullpen - which is middle of the pack in MLB right now (16th era entering todays game) - and is going to get better when these guys settle down a bit (and Remond decides to pitch Cishek more than 1.5 times a week).

The problem is the entire infield position player core, who are not going to start magically hitting again. Once Dietrich cools down, it's going to get ugly.

Dunn will be fine. He is still striking out people, the BABIP is high, the HR/FB is high, LD rate below career average. Sample size. Frustrating, but he's not the main problem. Neither is the bullpen - which is middle of the pack in MLB right now (16th era entering todays game) - and is going to get better when these guys settle down a bit (and Remond decides to pitch Cishek more than 1.5 times a week).

The problem is the entire infield position player core, who are not going to start magically hitting again. Once Dietrich cools down, it's going to get ugly.

One thing though is if you take out Cisheks perfect 6 or 7 whatever innings it is and that pen is no longer middle of the pack.

Guest Guest

According to some people here, a sample size can never be too small.

I'd like to be the first to say that I'm glad to be wrong about Eovaldi needing to be in the bullpen. I said it at a time where he was really just controlling one pitch and said if he could get a second one under control, he'd be fine in the rotation. He's done that now, and hopefully he can continue to develop a third pitch. Go Eovaldi!

Well put Bender, and Eovaldi making these kinds of strides makes the loss easier to take (not really) because that is huge for the rotation. Check out that fangraphs article on him, he's not likely to keep it up quite at this pace but so far he's pitched like a legit #2, when many had him pegged as a reliever.

Today's loss I want to pin on the bullpen, but really what happened is they were shut down by Aaron Harang and that doesn't happen with a good offense. I think I heard the radio guys say that Garrett Jones already has more at-bats vs LHP than he did the entire season last year which is amazing. (Speaking of which let's take a look at those splits so far: .791 OPS vs RHP, .414 OPS vs LHP, it's almost uncanny!) Also Stanton is a monster but if he has valleys like this it's gonna be rough because it doesn't take much for the middle of the lineup to look harmless without him.

Well put Bender, and Eovaldi making these kinds of strides makes the loss easier to take (not really) because that is huge for the rotation. Check out that fangraphs article on him, he's not likely to keep it up quite at this pace but so far he's pitched like a legit #2, when many had him pegged as a reliever.

Today's loss I want to pin on the bullpen, but really what happened is they were shut down by Aaron Harang and that doesn't happen with a good offense. I think I heard the radio guys say that Garrett Jones already has more at-bats vs LHP than he did the entire season last year which is amazing. (Speaking of which let's take a look at those splits so far: .791 OPS vs RHP, .414 OPS vs LHP, it's almost uncanny!) Also Stanton is a monster at times but if he has valleys like this its gonna be rough.

Aaron Harang has not been Aaron Harang this year though. Yes, a pitiful showing by our "offense" but Harang has been a completely different pitcher this season.

Check out that fangraphs article on him, he's not likely to keep it up quite at this pace but so far he's pitched like a legit #2, when many had him pegged as a reliever.

I disagree in that I think he can keep this up and he's actually better than his #s have indicated thus far. That slider is a really good pitch.

Dietrich can obviously hit RH MLB pitching.

Now what is left is to find out if he can hit LH pitching like he did in the minors.

It it is more important to find out this about Dietrich than to find the un discoverable about Jones.

Dunn is terrible 90 mph nibbler with a litle roll over slider. Absolutely no reason for him to face Uggla.

This organization management reeks of stubbornness.

The unearned run was not good and I have wanted to give Garret Jones a break but the amount of runners he is leaving on is costing us games. Either way, after the shock of actually winning last night I am not surprised. When Uggla got that hit with Gattis coming up I did not have a good feeling. Ultimately the bats were garbage in yet another series we could have won. Just another well timed Braves win.

We sure know how to lose some. Tough thinking about all the games we could or should have won already.

Also, I understand the anger with Dunn right now but hes had 2 out of three very solid years, especially last year. Dobbs on the other hand, it looks like hes just too slow now. His at-bats are bad, he not able to turn on the fastballs like he used to.

I think the issue is that aside from starting pitching, the Marlins are bad at defense and hitting and relief pitching.

Blasphemy! You're not allowed to be a Debbie Downer here! The Marlins are absolutely awesome! They've got a great owner who gives the front office everything they need to succeed, a fantastic fan base who fills the stadium for every game, and most certainly will be in the World Series every season.

So we're just gonna ignore that every Braves starting pitcher has an ERA under 2.5 (the main four have an ERA under 2)?

But nope, Marlins offense is awful once again why did we ever believe they could be anything good WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Some of you guys overreact like nobodies business. This offense isn't bad. It's not top 5 in baseball like the numbers said early, but it's not bottom 5 in baseball. The Braves are a hell of a team, likely the top wild card team when it's all said and done. Give credit when credit is due. Braves came up big this series. The way they came up with clutch hits when they needed them just showed what kind of team they are. They are the team we should aspire to become within the year.

So we're just gonna ignore that every Braves starting pitcher has an ERA under 2.5 (the main four have an ERA under 2)?

But nope, Marlins offense is awful once again why did we ever believe they could be anything good WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Some of you guys overreact like nobodies business. This offense isn't bad. It's not top 5 in baseball like the numbers said early, but it's not bottom 5 in baseball. The Braves are a hell of a team, likely the top wild card team when it's all said and done. Give credit when credit is due. Braves came up big this series. The way they came up with clutch hits when they needed them just showed what kind of team they are. They are the team we should aspire to become within the year.

Oh yeah, lets give credit where credit is due and just bow down and blow them for their awesome first 3 weeks of the year pitching wise. Based on what you said, why did they even show up. They were clearly outmatched by this superb pitching and just wasted their time and should of caught the flight home last night. The Braves will crash down to earth here soon with their pitching. Especially Harang and Ramirez. Too bad this offense couldnt take advantage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.