NL East

Just over a month into the season, let's begin to track the division.

Last night we picked up a game on almost everyone, Phillies lost, Mets lost, Braves lost as we move into 4th place and hopefully continue to move up the standings...

Im not even remotely thinking about the standings right now.Take it game by game, and just enjoy the challenge of watching every game. And the best you can hope for right now is they win every series.

What's the harm? Actually to me the NL East is irrelevant, we're not going to contend for winning it. It's all about the wildcard and right now we're two games out. It'll be fun to keep tracking that as long as team performance allows us to, and who knows how long that will be for.

April is just as important as September, so I undoubtedly pay attention.

Again, this. April wins are worth the same amount as September wins.

Right now, we have a better record than BOTH of last years league champs. We should be excited and have some fun with it.

Wild Card gonna Wild Card.

Pessimistic, what's new? Penguin gonna penguin... If we finish the season with a winning record you should take a month long ban to cope.

Pessimistic, what's new? Penguin gonna penguin... If we finish the season with a winning record you should take a month long ban to cope.

What is this supposed to mean? The team is certainly improved from last season, but I am referring to the fact that standings watching in the first week of May is silly and pointless.

Not trying to compare it, but I believe this board started "Standings Watching" in 2003 in early May, as well.

Not going to happen, I'm 98% sure of that, but *shrug* :lol

You mean in 2003 when the team was in 4th place with a below .500 record?

What is this supposed to mean? The team is certainly improved from last season, but I am referring to the fact that standings watching in the first week of May is silly and pointless.

Wow, stop the presses! He actually admitted the team is doing better. Hell must have frozen over.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wow, stop the presses! He actually admitted the team is doing better. Hell must have frozen over.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It's not that surprising to expect the team to lose less than 100 games based upon the statistical projections.

But you don't believe in projections or looking at numbers from previous seasons, so that's probably why you think hell is freezing over.

Yes! The team actually in last, I think, when the thread started.

EDIT - found it.

Not only were we last in the division, we were last in the Wild Card:

http://marlinsbaseball.com/threads/2003-wild-card-thread.1469/

Speaking of which, check who made the fourth post!

I love these blast from the past threads and posts. Just the other day I was searching 2003 posts just to remissness. Cant believe the Expos were still around back then. And look at the posts, so negative and look what happened. :lol