Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins trade/FA talk

General thread for trade and FA thoughts. Feel free to create specific threads as needed.

Heyman thinks the Cubs and Marlins could discuss swapping some top prospects since we have pitching & the Cubs have position players. Not sure I see it... Bryant and Mike Olt are 3b where we already have Moran coming, Soler & Almora are outfielders so I doubt we'd have interest. Baez is a stud and would have to take Heaney at least to get him, or a lot of others. I doubt either team is looking to trade those guys.

I would absolutely love Baez. Stud shortstops are even more rare than stud pitchers. I would go for it. Maybe Ozuna/Marisnick, and Nicolino. I think there are ways that don't include Heaney but it would entail giving up a ton of good prospects

I would absolutely love Baez. Stud shortstops are even more rare than stud pitchers. I would go for it. Maybe Ozuna/Marisnick, and Nicolino. I think there are ways that don't include Heaney but it would entail giving up a ton of good prospects
But but but Hechavarriafuturegoldgloverallstarhalloffamer

I believe a packet that includes DeScalfani and Flynn would suffice for Baez
however everywhere I read Starlin Castro is the one being offered by the Cubs
BTW the rumor Mill has Houston shopping Jason Castro I hope the Marlins put in a decent bid

I believe a packet that includes DeScalfani and Flynn would suffice for Baez

no way that those two could be the centerpieces. Baez is a top 10 overall prospect in baseball right now.

DeSclefani was our minor league pitcher of the year and Flynn is our most major league ready LHP starter
I mean you can substitute for Nicolino you get a bit more potential but less major league readiness
You can work in Koehler in the deal as well and these 3 would be solid additions to any pitching staff
Koehler versatility is a manager's dream

You need to include Marisnick/Ozuna+ if you don't give up Heaney

And after looking at Baez a bit more, it might not even be possible at all without Heaney.

I don't think they're trading Baez, Bryant, Soler, or Almora right now. They're also rebuilding, and those guys are all great prospects.
The Cubs have a lot of MiLB pitching depth, starting with guys like CJ Edwards and Pierce Johnson.