Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins trade/FA talk

You need to include Marisnick/Ozuna+ if you don't give up Heaney

And after looking at Baez a bit more, it might not even be possible at all without Heaney.

I would imagine the Fish include Eovaldi and Alvarez when they discuss potential deals too, particularly now that they've demonstrated a little success up here.

I thought when I started reading the article that these prospects would be discussed in a package to entice the Marlins to trade Giancarlo Stanton.

This isn't happening. Bryant/Baez/Soler/Almora are top of the top of the top prospects, and those are the kind of guys teams don't trade away unless they're getting a proven superstar in return. Stanton by himself would lure only two of these guys max. None of our players or prospects other than Stanton would lead us to any of these guys.

I thought when I started reading the article that these prospects would be discussed in a package to entice the Marlins to trade Giancarlo Stanton.

This isn't happening. Bryant/Baez/Soler/Almora are top of the top of the top prospects, and those are the kind of guys teams don't trade away unless they're getting a proven superstar in return. Stanton by himself would lure only two of these guys max. None of our players or prospects other than Stanton would lead us to any of these guys.
What, so we can't trade Brad Hand for Javier Baez? Impossible!

I believe a packet that includes DeScalfani and Flynn would suffice for Baez
however everywhere I read Starlin Castro is the one being offered by the Cubs
BTW the rumor Mill has Houston shopping Jason Castro I hope the Marlins put in a decent bid

How did this go unnoticed? Castro would be a HUGE acquisition for the Marlins... Astros have shown they are more than willing to wheel and deal anybody and everybody for prospects, and right now we have 'em... I would love this.

How much are the Marlins committing to the roster for next season?

They haven't officially said but the reports have it at 40 million or so.

I'm not surprised there's interest but I am not fully convinced we trade him.

I'm not surprised there's interest but I am not fully convinced we trade him.
If the Marlins get offered anything good, they should dump Morrison. He is the next Jeremy Hermida.