Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins trade/FA talk

Marlins sign Juan Diaz. Who? No idea. A shortstop, though, switch-hitter, 24 years old, 6'4 200 ... I want to say he seems like Hech with more power, but I can't really tell.

Cue the obligatory overreactions to this signing as if Diaz will play a pivotal role. :mischief2

I don't really get trading Morrison, because I can't imagine he has much value, and we have no one else to play 1st right now. He deserves a shot.

Kyle Jensen...? They like his bat, we need power, and that seems like the only way to get him in the lineup...

Or Yelich at first and Jensen in left. That also works, I do believe.

Yelich simply loses so much value as a first baseman. He's an outfielder with speed capable of playing center field in the major leagues. A player like that, who can hit, is worth a ton... Jensen is a mediocre outfielder, who has gotten better, but moving him from the OF to 1B is irrelevant because he's not particularly valuable at either position.

Or, or, or, OR ...
... we could trade Jensen.
For Logan Morrison.

EDIT: If Jensen has a decent Spring, then he'll make the team. He's only played 5 games in his professional career at first base, but if Logan Morrison has at least a 5% ability to play left field, then I can see Jensen being able to learn first.

I'm not surprised there's interest but I am not fully convinced we trade him.
If the Marlins get offered anything good, they should dump Morrison. He is the next Jeremy Hermida.
I actually think he would rake in the right park and lineup. Yankees would be a really good fit with Tex health problems, short porch, and depth in the lineup.
We agree to disagree then. I think Morrison is a stiff.
Now that I think about it, LoMo would probably be a really great fit in Colorado. He could slide in and replace Helton, and would probably put up big numbers at Coors... That would be interesting.

Won't happen, but maybe package a couple guys with Morrison and get Wilin Rosario, if the Rockies get Ruiz. He's just as good a hitter home and road.

But won't happen.

Won't happen, but maybe package a couple guys with Morrison and get Wilin Rosario, if the Rockies get Ruiz. He's just as good a hitter home and road.

But won't happen.

It could happen. They're apparently in the market for some high priced names like Napoli... If they could acquire LoMo, who's under control for three year, they could save a ton of cash. Not to mention they could pick up a nice arm for their rotation, which is something the Rox are always in the market for. Good idea, IMO, just makes me wonder if they're willing to listen to offers...