Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins trade/FA talk

The Marlins clearly have much more confidence in Hechavarria than they did with Brantly.

Hopefully, if he has another sub .600 OPS season, they'll starting searching for a new answer...

Hech is going to get at least another full year to see if he can hit MLB pitching, but I think ultimately he ends up as a backup SS down the road.

Hech is going to get at least another full year to see if he can hit MLB pitching, but I think ultimately he ends up as a backup SS down the road.

I hope you're wrong, I want Hech to succeed... But I think you're right.

Hmm ... He's 28, a Florida native, consistent hitter ... below average defensively, but definitely not the worst.

If we don't have to give up too much, then sure!

Hmm ... He's 28, a Florida native, consistent hitter ... below average defensively, but definitely not the worst.

Sounds enticing but we need some real power. I want to see Dietrich at second and then fill 3B and C with some solid bats.

Sounds enticing but we need some real power. I want to see Dietrich at second and then fill 3B and C with some solid bats.
Agreed, I'd rather have Dietrich over Murphy.

One interesting thought is Ian Kinsler, Rangers may be shopping him... Doubt we would ever write him those checks, though.

One interesting thought is Ian Kinsler, Rangers may be shopping him... Doubt we would ever write him those checks, though.
I'm also firmly in the give DD a shot camp, although I still think the doofuses start Solano on opening day.

I'm also firmly in the give DD a shot camp, although I still think the doofuses start Solano on opening day.
Dietrich will start on Opening Day. The only question seems to be if that will be at third base or second base. But they're trying to work his bat into the lineup either way... Good news is Perry Hill apparently loves his glove at second, so hopefully he stays there.

Dietrich will start on Opening Day. The only question seems to be if that will be at third base or second base. But they're trying to work his bat into the lineup either way... Good news is Perry Hill apparently loves his glove at second, so hopefully he stays there.Yeah. I thought he played well at second too. Some on here didnt think so which I dont know why.