Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins trade/FA talk

Hmm ... He's 28, a Florida native, consistent hitter ... below average defensively, but definitely not the worst.

If we don't have to give up too much, then sure!
Sounds enticing but we need some real power. I want to see Dietrich at second and then fill 3B and C with some solid bats.
Agreed, I'd rather have Dietrich over Murphy.

One interesting thought is Ian Kinsler, Rangers may be shopping him... Doubt we would ever write him those checks, though.
I'm also firmly in the give DD a shot camp, although I still think the doofuses start Solano on opening day.
Dietrich will start on Opening Day. The only question seems to be if that will be at third base or second base. But they're trying to work his bat into the lineup either way... Good news is Perry Hill apparently loves his glove at second, so hopefully he stays there.Yeah. I thought he played well at second too. Some on here didnt think so which I dont know why.He wasn't beefcake enough, obviously. Thought everyone knew that by now?

Hank Conger, and Chris Iannetta being dicussed now.....we are all over the place....any thoughts?

Did someone lock Jennings in a room with Dipoto? There are 28 other teams.

I don't get the love for Hank Conger. He's got pretty good upside, but I feel like his floor is also pretty low. However, he's a much much better option than Ianetta.

While we do need a catcher, all of these options (taking into account who people are speculating we'd give up) seem really bad. We'll probably give more than we'll receive in any of these trades.

Hank Conger, and Chris Iannetta being dicussed now.....we are all over the place....any thoughts?

This.

I'm not opposed to a deal with the Angels and I see how we seem like a good match with them but at this point its like all we hear about is Marlins and Angels so I'm getting somewhat anxious to end it already, for better or worse. Either we make a deal with them now or move on, now.

I know that's not how it works but its how I feel everytime I hear us connected to them. Do it or don't and hurry up.

This.

I'm not opposed to a deal with the Angels and I see how we seem like a good match with them but at this point its like all we hear about is Marlins and Angels so I'm getting somewhat anxious to end it already, for better or worse. Either we make a deal with them now or move on, now.

I know that's not how it works but its how I feel everytime I hear us connected to them. Do it or don't and hurry up.
Maybe it's taking a while because they have so much to talk about. If both sides have interest in a lot of players, there's probably a lot of addition and subtraction being discussed.

Iannetta or Conger would be a huge upgrade over the Marlins' current catchers. I think the Marlins should do what they have to in regards to improving the hitting. The pitching staff looks pretty good to me. But, you can't have a lineup with Mathis/Brantly, Hechavarria and Solano/Dietrich in it. It's like going to war with four pitchers batting.

This.

Maybe it's taking a while because they have so much to talk about. If both sides have interest in a lot of players, there's probably a lot of addition and subtraction being discussed.
I know its not the same but that scarily reminds me of how the Blue Jays asking about JJ turned into a 12 player "blockbuster."