The Marlins Have Signed Brad Penny.

SongInTheAir

At what point do we start to consider ridiculous scenarios like Loria being involved in money laundering and doing it by signing these washed up players that no other professional baseball team would sign, for usually well over the MLB minimum?

Should have just opened up a car wash, Jeffrey.

Guest Guest

Penny had some nasty numbers his previous chances in spring training and in 2012 in Japan. Each time he was let go almost immediately. Makes zero sense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/story/report-brad-penny-signs-minor-league-deal-with-marlins-061814

The Marlins must have "heard" from someone that Penny was pitching pretty well. It was probably one of squall's sources.

In 2012, prior to joining the Giants, Penny agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks. He lasted just one outing there, allowing six runs and five stolen bases in only 3 1/3 innings.

We got Jeff Mathis bro, no worries.

Guest Guest

But Brad Penny my God those numbers are just awful lol. The FO needs to stop shopping in the discount aisle

Those numbers made me vomit up the gallon of milk I just drank.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.