Say, Kind Sirs and Madams......

I kind of like the model they are using for the home run derby--the fans "vote" but their votes are mostly suggestions. They should do the same for the ASG so that the average fan feels part of the process but it's ultimately up to the manager/MLB to decide who starts.

I kind of like the model they are using for the home run derby--the fans "vote" but their votes are mostly suggestions. They should do the same for the ASG so that the average fan feels part of the process but it's ultimately up to the manager/MLB to decide who starts.

Exactly

Yes, I agree.

As for the PITA of doing 35 votes a day, it's not that bad. Once you select the players it's just a matter of typing in the 5 digit captcha thing and hitting submit. 35 times. Ok, it does kinda suck but I'd really love to see G start in rightfield. He deserves it and shouldn't be denied because most Miami fans are, uh, let's say less passionate.

One such player, Casey McGehee, spent last season with the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles in Japan. When he decided to return to the U.S., the Miami Marlins swooped in and signed him for a base salary of $1.1 million with $400,000 in incentives. Six months later, McGehee is hitting .308 with 48 RBIs and batting cleanup behind Giancarlo Stanton.

"I imagine there was somebody who was convincing enough to stand in a room and kind of vouch for me," McGehee said. "There's no getting away from the 'Moneyball' stuff and the sabermetric stuff. It's part of the game and it's here to stay. But you can't substitute for somebody who's been around and understands the game and can sit and watch a player with their own eyes. You can't put that into a computer. I think the scouts are way underrated as far as that goes. It's a skill. Not everybody can sit there and say, 'I think this guy has a chance to help us.'"

Casey McGehee is Wild Card?