It's like there comes a point where everything bad that you can think of happens. Or maybe it's just a typical afternoon game against the mets in New York. Have about 2-3 of these exact games in New York every year.

Down to 5 games under, another crushing loss, and the ceremonial blow the season up to the all star break.

Guest Vince0926

Just thinking about the games we should have won over the last month.

That ship had sailed. Would coulda shoulda. If those games were won, well yeah I can see 50 wins at least.

That ship had sailed. Would coulda shoulda. If those games were won, well yeah I can see 50 wins at least.

It just feels like in our competitive seasons we see the same kind of games over and over. It's like we can't go a season without having 3 crushing losses to the mets.

Guest Vince0926

It just feels like in our competitive seasons we see the same kind of games over and over. It's like we can't go a season without having 3 crushing losses to the mets.

Now that's a fact. I see philly in there as well.

We could have gone 19-12 in the last 31 games before the break. We could have! 51-42 at the break. I thought that was doable.

Now it's looking like ... 44-50 or 45-49. Did I miscalculate something? Hmm. That's an extra game ... Ah well, whatever. We suck. 19 losses thus far, might be 20 in that 31 game span [it is 31 games, as I checked, it was after June 8 - maybe I checked the wrong record]

Guest Vince0926

We could have gone 19-12 in the last 31 games before the break. We could have! 51-42 at the break. I thought that was doable.

Now it's looking like ... 44-50 or 45-49. Did I miscalculate something? Hmm. That's an extra game ... Ah well, whatever. We suck. 19 losses thus far, might be 20 in that 31 game span [it is 31 games, as I checked, it was after June 8 - maybe I checked the wrong record]

You can't get past the cubs, can't beat the mets (5 of 6) and can't get past the dbacks. But you take a series from St. Louis???? What's wrong with this picture? Just not good.

You can't get past the cubs, can't beat the mets (5 of 6) and can't get past the dbacks. But you take a series from St. Louis???? What's wrong with this picture? Just not good.

A whole bunch of fuckery!

Guest Vince0926

Yeah!

The contact hitters. (Yelich and mcgehee) need to stay and you have to keep cishek, Alvarez, and Morris (a pleasant surprise). I also like dyson, and eovaldi has good potential.

We have no legit difference maker other than mcgehee who probably is too smart for this team. I like garrett jones, no matter what you all say. And the hell with these automatic outs. Does salty even try? Did you even see him with that stupid error today? Yeah, no me gusta.

I didn't watch the game, but it seems like the season is slipping away right now. Gotta win the final game before the break and go on some kind of run right off the bat to get ourselves somewhere back in the race.

Otherwise, smart thing to do would be to do a small sell, likely trading away a guy like Cishek, Jones, and if the offer blows us away McGehee. Obviously we don't want to trade Stanton away right now. Other than those three guys I don't know what other players we'd be willing to part with at the moment. Alvarez is a big part of the team's future as is Eovaldi, Koehler doesn't have much trade value, none of the relievers minus Cishek have value, the outfield won't be traded, Salty is too valuable going into next year to let go for pennies on the dollar, and Hech/Solano/Dietrich don't have much if any trade value.

People wanting or expecting an all out sell will be disappointed, but there's definitely guys who can be let go of now for future pieces.

Guest Vince0926

I didn't watch the game, but it seems like the season is slipping away right now. Gotta win the final game before the break and go on some kind of run right off the bat to get ourselves somewhere back in the race.

Otherwise, smart thing to do would be to do a small sell, likely trading away a guy like Cishek, Jones, and if the offer blows us away McGehee. Obviously we don't want to trade Stanton away right now. Other than those three guys I don't know what other players we'd be willing to part with at the moment. Alvarez is a big part of the team's future as is Eovaldi, Koehler doesn't have much trade value, none of the relievers minus Cishek have value, the outfield won't be traded, Salty is too valuable going into next year to let go for pennies on the dollar, and Hech/Solano/Dietrich don't have much if any trade value.

People wanting or expecting an all out sell will be disappointed, but there's definitely guys who can be let go of now for future pieces.

I like your intentions but I've been hearing "future pieces" for 11 years already. I'm ready to win NOW. AND I WANT CURRENT MAJOR LEAGUE difference makers right now. Plain and simple.

Cishek's stock certainly took a hot lately but he's too valuable to trade. Colin Moran is not ready nor a sure thing and McGehee is not a free agent and has stabilized third base. Trading people just to make damn trades and expect someone better is not the way you build a winner.

Ed Lucas likely takes over third if McGehee's traded, with Mark Canha getting called up and taking Lucas' old role.

Trading players like McGehee and Jones who don't have a future with this team beyond a year or two and gaining players who do have a future with the team (prospects with high-ish ceilings) is EXACTLY how you build a winner. Examples ranging from the Rays to the Athletics to the Red Sox.

When you don't have the cash on hand to just buy good players, getting cheap prospects with potential to be something good is how you build a winner. People wanting to somehow build a winner out of a team that isn't built to do that just yet are exactly the people being unreasonable.

I like your intentions but I've been hearing "future pieces" for 11 years already. I'm ready to win NOW. AND I WANT CURRENT MAJOR LEAGUE difference makers right now. Plain and simple.

You would be awful at building a major league team. That's the mindset Omar Minaya ran the Expos and Mets with back in the day. How did that work out for them?

Guest Vince0926

You would be awful at building a major league team. That's the mindset Omar Minaya ran the Expos and Mets with back in the day. How did that work out for them?

I don't know about building a team, but we all seem to vent our frustrations. Like the other guy mentioned, this seems to happen 3 times in New York and I also mentioned Philly gives us issues every year. I just don't like to hear "future pieces" because by the looks of it we will be talking about "future pieces" for 2016 July of next year, and so on and so forth.

We will not field a championship team if you have scrubs like Dunn, hand, and Hechavarria here. And I don't want to give them anymore chances than what they were given. If you blow, you get out of here. Give it to hungrier players and by our trend (11 years), the hungry players out there are people like trout, utley, wright, Tulo.

Dunn, salty, hech, Stanton, hand - they ain't hungry, you go bye bye.