2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

Bret Hart

Guest Vince0926

Heaney, Marisnick, & a first-round pick (comp. pick whatever it's called) for Price.

Yup, that's pretty much good to me.

Guest Guest

Why are you overvaluing David Price? Dont you know you can throw any prospects off a top ten list and teams will jump at it. Just ask Wild Card.

Nicolino complete game shutout tonight, very likely one of the names that could be moved.

Nicolino is decent, but I'm 100% fine with him being traded. He stopped striking people out after A ball and has given up a good deal of unearned runs this year. He's pretty much a finesse pitcher but from what I've seen he gives up a lot of long, fly ball outs. Basically the manner in which he gets out now doesn't feel sustainable once he reaches the majors.

Really any of the starting pitchers in the minors not named Heaney (and obviously Kolek but he can't be traded anyway) I'm 100% fine with trading, as well as most of our hitting prospects.

The whole "Yelich+ for Lester" thing obviously won't happen. Yelich is a big part of the starting lineup and that would basically be addition by subtraction, which really doesn't benefit this team either short term or long term.

David Price is interesting depending on the...Price :D He's a guy that you 100% consider trading away Heaney and company for. A starting rotation of Fernandez/Price/Alvarez/Eovaldi/whoever, even if it's for a short period of time, is something every major league team would die to have.

Although lets be more realistic. This team will make a deal similar to the last few times we were buyers at the deadline. That includes Aaron Thompson for Nick Johnson and Gaby Hernandez for Arthur Rhodes, basically smaller scale prospects for decent players who will make good not great contributions for the team moving forward.

Don't know who that guy will be, but I expect the starting pitching equivalent of Nick Johnson/Arthur Rhodes being traded for. And in all honesty, I'm pretty fine with that.

David Price is interesting depending on the...Price :D He's a guy that you 100% consider trading away Heaney and company for. A starting rotation of Fernandez/Price/Alvarez/Eovaldi/whoever, even if it's for a short period of time, is something every major league team would die to have.

You say this on the assumption we'd be able to re-sign Price, which is unlikely.

Guest Guest

No new trades. No new trades.

I wouldn't mind trading Marisnick and/or Nicolino for a younger player (not 35) who won't be a rental and has some club controlled years left.

Guest Guest

I wouldn't mind trading Marisnick and/or Nicolino for a younger player (not 35) who won't be a rental and has some club controlled years left.

So you're saying you don't want a repeat of the Dominguez/Lee trade then.

Guest Guest

I don't see how the Marlins could get Price. They aren't going to trade Yelich, so they really don't have many attractive pieces outside of Heaney or maybe Moran. They Rays will find a better bidder.

Guest Guest

I don't see how the Marlins could get Price. They aren't going to trade Yelich, so they really don't have many attractive pieces outside of Heaney or maybe Moran. They Rays will find a better bidder.

Cards are rumored to have offered Oscar Taveras and Shelby Miler. Better offer right there.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I'd definitely be willing to part with a lot more for Price than Lester. Think about the fact that Price could in theory be rented for this year and then traded for a group of new prospects in the off-season. I guess we could also keep him and go for gold with Jose and Price next year (after ASG) but it'd suck losing him for nothing after the season unless we won it all.

Then again, I don't think we've got enough to get Price anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.