2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS TRADE!!!

Moran is apparently not looking so hot as a 3rd base prospect, Cosart has shown to be good in the past but walks everything with a bat in it's hands, we got a guy named Kike!

It's a wait and see deal. DON'T FEEL ANYTHING RIGHT NOW.

We have to see how Cosart develops. If he gains some control and channels his ability to produce ground ball outs, he could be a damn good starting pitcher. We have him under team control for five more years so there's a lot of time to see him produce.

Moran has been disappointing in his minor league time, and there's indications that his ceiling is more limited than even we thought, but he's another wait and see guy since there's still a chance he could develop gap power and become the top prospect we expected at some point.

Hernandez is a guy who'll be in the majors who was a pretty mediocre to bad prospect for the Astros before tearing it up this year in AAA after what coaches say is a change in his swing. He's only 22 and fills a big need a second base so this might be one of the more exciting guys to follow from the trade.

Can't tell you much about the other parts in this trade other than the comp pick, which would've been a nice pick to have but is a draft pick so it could really be anything.

Since 2008, our "future guy' at 3rd base has been Jorge Cantu, Hanley Ramirez (only put there 'cause Reyes), Chris Coghlan, Placido Polanco, and then Casey McGehee.

So our future guy is likely some 35 year old veteran who currently isn't on the team yet.

You forgot Greg Dobbs, Jose Lopez, Wes Helms, Ed Lucas, Chris Valaika... Anyone else we can add to this horrific list?

So if we agree that Moran wasn't what we expected, this trade is fine.

And if either Cosart blossoms or Hernandez holds down 2B then we may have actually won this thing.

I mean ya can't say who won it today but I'm just speculating.

You forgot Greg Dobbs, Jose Lopez, Wes Helms, Ed Lucas, Chris Valaika... Anyone else we can add to this horrific list?

I think Solano got a game there? Dietrich had about two innings.

Since 2008, our "future guy' at 3rd base has been Jorge Cantu, Hanley Ramirez (only put there 'cause Reyes), Chris Coghlan, Placido Polanco, and then Casey McGehee.

So our future guy is likely some 35 year old veteran who currently isn't on the team yet.

I'd be happy with Aramis Ramirez.

So if we agree that Moran wasn't what we expected, this trade is fine.

And if either Cosart blossoms or Hernandez holds down 2B then we may have actually won this thing.

I mean ya can't say who won it today but I'm just speculating.

yea, we all overrated Moran

I know not everyone cares about things like this but with the exception of Yelich losing Jake, this is probably a good trade "for the clubhouse"... Acquiring two major leaguers immediately after a 9-2 stretch and not subtracting key players. It may be garbage to some but I doubt it's garbage for the 24 men in that clubhouse...and Hech.

I feel like no matter what happens in any trade marlins fans are just waiting to say that the front office is horrible.

Have you even been a Marlins fan long? This is basically the same front office minus Beinfest that has been in charge here the last 10+ years. All I can ask is they figure out a game plan and then stick to it!!! Are they a develop from within team? Are they a spend crazy on free agent team? When they can decide which one it is I think the fans will buy into whatever they're selling but until then they're wide open for criticism.

Trade for the sake of trading. Fairly lateral move. Should have sold. Gj FO. Now you can say you made a move to improve the team even though it has little impact.

Very true. How many Wins did we actually potentially add to 2014 from this trade? Maybe .6?

Very true. How many Wins did we actually add to 2014 from this trade? Maybe .6?

Could be a decent amount if Cosart can figure it out. Rotation would be stacked. Also guys like Hech, Ozuna, Yellich would have another year of experience and would be closer to their primes.

Could be a decent amount if Cosart can figure it out. Rotation would be stacked. Also guys like Hech, Ozuna, Yellich would have another year of experience and would be closer to their primes.

Yeah and if Turner, Hand, Mathis, Salty, Hech, Solano, Jones, Dunn, figure it out we'll be world series champions!!!!