Reds @ Marlins 8/3 1:10 P.M.

Guest Vince0926

Guest Vince0926

I love the catch, though Turner didn't make it count, but Stanton really brings this team down sometimes.

Yup. Quite embarrassing. And thats why hes overrated.

Guest Vince0926

It's about time someone says it. Stanton is a beast, but he is slightly overrated at this point.

Guitarpik, I understand that everyone thinks he is great. I hear junk like OPS, OPPSSS, BABIP, WAR, EWAR, EHARMONY, whatever. I go by AVG, RBI, STRIKEOUTS. So he may leading this and that in WAR, yada yada, but on my tv, I see a couple of guys on and subsequently, a pop out to short (20%) a strike out (65%) a foul out to the catcher (4%), the occasional clutch hit (7%), or the monster home run (4%). He can lead in this this this and this, but with runners in scoring position, yikes. Example: today.

Guitarpik, I understand that everyone thinks he is great. I hear junk like OPS, OPPSSS, BABIP, WAR, EWAR, EHARMONY, whatever. I go by AVG, RBI, STRIKEOUTS. So he may leading this and that in WAR, yada yada, but on my tv, I see a couple of guys on and subsequently, a pop out to short (20%) a strike out (65%) a foul out to the catcher (4%), the occasional clutch hit (7%), or the monster home run (4%). He can lead in this this this and this, but with runners in scoring position, yikes. Example: today.

I disagree with you, but that EHARMONY joke was solid.

Guest Vince0926

I disagree with you, but that EHARMONY joke was solid.

Why do you disagree, I am curious. Maybe he needs glasses, I don't know. Why does everyone seem to dismiss that?

Why do you disagree, I am curious. Maybe he needs glasses, I don't know. Why does everyone seem to dismiss that?

For one thing, RBI is a tough statistic to count so heavily because it relies on other players. If someone hits a triple with no one on base, he doesn't get an RBI, but if he grounds out with a runner on third, he does. Would you count a ground out as more valuable than a triple?

Guest Vince0926

For one thing, RBI is a tough statistic to count so heavily because it relies on other players. If someone hits a triple with no one on base, he doesn't get an RBI, but if he grounds out with a runner on third, he does. Would you count a ground out as more valuable than a triple?

Great point. Smart guy. Agreed.