Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Jose placed on DL with right elbow sprain

I miss him so....
I'm sure he'll be back in the dugout before too long.

You know what's going to hurt though? When he's officially transferred to the 60-day.

I'm sure he'll be back in the dugout before too long.

You know what's going to hurt though? When he's officially transferred to the 60-day.
Know what's gonna hurt more?

Deepthroating monsterdong. :x

He might not be the brightest, but regardless I'm sure he's used to scrutiny, which was my point. Not really very important either way.
Evidently Jose thought it was important enough either way to renounce the comment by this attorney.
For the record, even though you may be an attorney, you were wrong in your judgement that this attorney knew his ass from his elbow.

Evidently Jose thought it was important enough either way to renounce the comment by this attorney.
For the record, even though you may be an attorney, you were wrong in your judgement that this attorney knew his ass from his elbow.
Can you pass along the link please?

Also, I never said he knew his ass from his elbow; in fact, I said it was an awful piece of writing. But regardless, that doesn't mean the lawyer isn't used to scrutiny. Some people can still suck at writing even though their writing is heavily scrutinized, and given his profession and the quality of that release, I think he's in that category.

Can you pass along the link please?

I think that there has been more than one article that mentioned it, here's one from a few hours ago -

But Fernandez on Tuesday shot that theory down. He said he had no idea his attorney, no relation, had released the statement until a day later. He also said he didn’t feel a change in his delivery until he tried to hide it after the third inning against the Padres.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/21/4127682/miami-marlins-jose-fernandez-upbeat.html

And, of course, "after the third inning" would be the 4th inning -- when his velocity dropped like a rock.

How the devil does any lawyer run around releasing his own speculation on behalf of his supposed client/friend when he hasn't even talked to him about it?

Earlier, I called this guy an attention-whore who didn't know when to shut up. Looks to be about right. He better be a real good friend, anyone with any sense would fire the guy for 1) running his mouth and/or 2) doing it without so much as a phone call and/or 3) being completely wrong. And, yeah, the guy's writing sucks.

Also, it's come out that his Cuban coach from Tampa was recommending that Jose NOT have TJ surgery. His quoted comment (from memory) was "It would be like putting him [Jose] in the electric chair." The guy's a lunatic. I was wondering why it was taking so long for the surgery to be announced. Jose has also said the ligament was completely separated from the bone -- this wasn't some minor tear. Fortunately, Jose was smart enough to listen to people with some sense, to probably include both doctors (here and in LA,) Boras and Loria. He'd probably never pitch again at the MLB level without the surgery.

I believe the reasoning behind that might be flawed, but it might be rooted in some logic.

Old time pitchers didn't have e surgery because it didn't exist- sometimes it was rehabbed, others they remade themselves into a different pitcher.

The surgery has been a miracle, but should a pitcher need a second one i might be a little bit outside the box and try rehab and change his mechanics/pitching type- from fire baller to nibbler so to speak.

Didn't Bob Feller and Nolan Ryan eventually realize they needed TJ at one point in their careers, long after they had retired?

Old time pitchers didn't have [th]e surgery because it didn't exist- sometimes it was rehabbed, others they remade themselves into a different pitcher.

Mostly, they just disappeared. The saying was "he blew out his arm." Or elbow, later on. On to the next guy.

The odds of a ligament totally detached from the bone being non-surgically rehabbed are very small. Sure, a partial tear or even a serious tear somewhere along the ligament can heal perfectly. Or not. Odds of the problem recurring are high. Totally detached from the bone at one end or the other? You're pretty well done, absent TJ. Strains or sprains? No problem. But this was a complete detachment from the bone.

Looking beyond his Cuban coach's nuttiness, Jose had seen the x-rays and MRIs. He knew what he was facing. Maybe his Tampa coach thought the surgery was going to be done in Cuba, where you have to bribe the doctor and bring your own medications. Barring that, the guy may be a great pitching coach, but he's a medical idiot.