8/17 Post Game

Michael

you know this team kinda sucks from an advanced metrics perspective, but that kinda makes me love them even more. Even Adeiny.

I'm stretching it here but imagine if this team were to win the world series this year, do you realize how much it would fuck with the advanced metrics people? If it happens, I hope Adeiny gets the game winning hit too lol.

Guest Vince0926

I'm stretching it here but imagine if this team were to win the world series this year, do you realize how much it would fuck with the advanced metrics people? If it happens, I hope Adeiny gets the game winning hit too lol.

With a world series title this year we will have probably already clinched worst world series team since the 87 twins. Probably worst playoff team since the 2006 padres (82 and 80)

Guest Vince0926

By the way, have I been the only one noticing that Hech has seriously been fun to watch the past week or so? I'm totally serious too.

Yes. Timely hits and great D. All I care about

YES! Good call. 85 77 could do it! Who knows, just win.

85-77 requires 23-16 from this point forward. That's doable, I think, maybe, perhaps.

In the last 30 games, we've gone 18-12, with 23 of those games being against playoff contenders. And that was over 31 days. 31 days with 1 day off and we got 18 wins in that span to get back to .500. Nice.

So, 39 games to go. 5 days off in between. One double header. It's doable.

It wouldn't at all. One year is not a significant enough sample size, especially not for a full team of 25+ players.

It wouldn't at all. One year is not a significant enough sample size, especially not for a full team of 25+ players.

Yeah, they'd probably just chalk it up to a fluke year or something.

Which, I think, some of us would, too.

It'd also be better if Hech made a game-saving play defensively, since a lot of these places say he's a negative defender. *shrug*

Guest Vince0926

85-77 requires 23-16 from this point forward. That's doable, I think, maybe, perhaps.

In the last 30 games, we've gone 18-12, with 23 of those games being against playoff contenders. And that was over 31 days. 31 days with 1 day off and we got 18 wins in that span to get back to .500. Nice.

So, 39 games to go. 5 days off in between. One double header. It's doable.

23-15 , but i get your point. Well then lets fucking do it, shall we?

Guest Vince0926

Nice to see the offense wake up.

Obviously the braves sweep the athletics and nationals blow a save and still win.

What would you rather have? Contender A plays contender B and "hope" the marlins win, ensuring gaining on one contender, or contender A playing an american league team or a scrub nl team and same for contender B?

I would choose the latter but this plan proved ineffective, shockingly. Marlins won, while i was positive oakland was going to take 2 of 3 from atlanta, and i wanted san diego to beat the cardinals more than once and they failed to do so.

There are obvious picks you would choose, then there is analyzing what is best for marlins.

This week:

Atl: @pit, @cin

Mia: tex, @col

Was: ari, sf

Mil: tor, pit

Pit: atl, @mil

Cin: @stl, atl

Stl: cin, @phi

Sf: @chc, @was

Lad: sd, nym

Yeah, they'd probably just chalk it up to a fluke year or something.

Which, I think, some of us would, too.

It'd also be better if Hech made a game-saving play defensively, since a lot of these places say he's a negative defender. *shrug*

Well that's what I meant. Not that a world series win would ruin the metrics or anything but itd would just frustrate those people. They'll be face palming all over South Florida.

What would you rather have? Contender A plays contender B and "hope" the marlins win, ensuring gaining on one contender, or contender A playing an american league team or a scrub nl team and same for contender B?

I would choose the latter but this plan proved ineffective, shockingly. Marlins won, while i was positive oakland was going to take 2 of 3 from atlanta, and i wanted san diego to beat the cardinals more than once and they failed to do so.

There are obvious picks you would choose, then there is analyzing what is best for marlins.

This week:

Atl: @pit, @cin

Mia: tex, @col

Was: ari, sf

Mil: tor, pit

Pit: atl, @mil

Cin: @stl, atl

Stl: cin, @phi

Sf: @chc, @was

Lad: sd, nym

The Marlins want the other teams to be playing each other and thats what they will do down the stretch, especially with the Cards, Pirates, and Reds and then the Marlins and Braves.

Our offense obviously isn't playoff worthy but the NL wild card race has no truly playoff deserving teams and doesnt have someone that i going to run away with it. We have a legit chance somehow. Really wish Fernanadez didn't get hurt.

I can't be depressed watching these guys but man does that suck. It's still just every 5th day but man having Jose pitch for a team in a playoff race..... ugh it's not fair.

Guest Vince0926

And the nationals are pulling away.

Seeking your attention to the wild card now? Im tempted to. By september 1, if we are not 5 out, then its time to start pushing to these other jerks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.