Redmond - Legit Manager of the Year Candidate?

gizmo

I started to like red when he gave it to the umps for the replay. He might do stupid shit sometimes but he is definitely a players manager. They love him.

A fans manager, as well, I'd say. He's a normal, likeable guy. He's laid back and relaxed a lot of the time, and he gets a fire going when he deems necessary. Mike Redmond might not be the best manager, but he's our manager, and I hope he's finally the guy that brings us some stability. They want to be the Braves, they want to change the culture of this team, gotta start from the top.

• 3 weeks later...

A fans manager, as well, I'd say. He's a normal, likeable guy. He's laid back and relaxed a lot of the time, and he gets a fire going when he deems necessary. Mike Redmond might not be the best manager, but he's our manager, and I hope he's finally the guy that brings us some stability. They want to be the Braves, they want to change the culture of this team, gotta start from the top.

When the top is Jeffrey Loria, stability does not exist.

Regardless of what people think of Red, his chances of being MOTY should have increased exponentially with his chest bumping of his players last night. That cracked me up. It was so awesome to see, I can't understand why it isn't getting more attention. I want a .gif of it please.

In all seriousness, his chances have gone up significantly with the demise of the Brewers. Roenicke was his biggest competition, and at this point I think he's lost his grip on it.