Marlins Promote Four

Guest Guest

Strangely, I think Disco's poor outing last night actually buys Penny another start. At first it seemed like Penny being DFA'd was imminent but with Disco immedietaly struggling after him the team could easily claim the Mets had some hot bats last night and thus Penny isn't entirely at fault. It'd be a very Marlins-like thinking.

Piazza doesn't math. He doesn't grammar, either.

But that's OK.

I Math'd

I mathed bad with one hour sleep in the last 48.

I calculated 60k a game x 162.

I'm a jackass.

But we all know that.

No sleep last night- three job interviews today, the marlins game I had to leave in the 3rd inning because I had a hockey game to play in and now I'm math'n.

Why can't i sleepz

Guys, you need to realize that we're right on the cusp on a Wild Card berth, there is no way we're going to give time to young players to see what they can do for next year. We have to put our best players on that field everyday so that we can win games and climb the ladder to the top of the Wild Card. Guys who give us the best chance to win NOW, not guys who might be good in 2015. Why worry about 2015 when 2014 could be another World Series Championship Marlins team? That's why we put our best out there every night, like Solano at 2B, Jones at 1B, and Brad Penny on the mound. Go Marlins!

I would rather give Brantly a chance to prove himself rather than having Mathis( we all know what Mathis brings to the team)

Brantly's .631 OPS in the PCL pretty much puts the nail in that coffin. Realmuto is far more deserving than Brantly.

On another note, once again bravo to the Tigers for fleecing this organization once again.

On another note, once again bravo to the Tigers for fleecing this organization once again.

As I said to Song last week when he asked for a scouting report on "cash considerations"...

If the Tigers sent it, the value of the dollar would plummet further immediately

Even if they weren't in the playoffs why would they bring up Brantly?

It's always nice to have three catchers, no matter who the third one is. I'd rather see Skipworth over Brantly personally.

Skip actually posted an OPS near .700 despite being an awful hitter with no discipline due to his big power. He only had 44 hits all season, but about half were for extra bases (10 of them were HR). He's also supposedly an impressive defensive backstop.

If Skip could hit just a little bit more, he could actually be a decent major league back up.