2b

pollythewog

Wonder if the Tigers would talk about Kinsler as well as their pitchers?[/quote

Not sure if I like it so much but that's definitely a Loria type blockbuster that we would aim for now.

The Contract would line up with their plans as well. I found this on baseball reference....

2015 33 Detroit Tigers $16,000,000

2016 34 Detroit Tigers $14,000,000

2017 35 Detroit Tigers $11,000,000

2018 36 Detroit Tigers *$12,000,000

$12M Team Option, $5M Buyout

Earliest Free Agent: 2018

I would include Cishek (~6M) in the deal or deal him somewhere else and then you have what they would have spent on LaRoche.

Kinsler is one of the best 2Bs in baseball and has a very reasonable contract. why the hell would the Tigers ever think about trading him?

To screw us over. Like they'll agree to send him here for a fringe prospect so that we think we won the trade and then just as Kinsler is boarding a plane down here they'll attack him and break both his legs just for the purpose of hosing us yet again.

I might be in the minority here but I think it's down right anti-Marlin to ban the name of the GM who won us 1.5 World Series titles.

What we should do is break into Marlins Park and get his number blocked.

Remember what he did to us before?

He fucked us.

He may have been the best lay we ever had, but that cold hearted bitch still screwed us and stole our wallets the morning after.

Unfortunately, I really think the FO believes in the internal options

I actually don't. They believe in Hech because they have shown no desire to even consider an upgrade at SS. While at 2B they've at least said they'll upgrade there. I just think they haven't found a single thing there. The fact that they have so many of these internal options (Solano, Hernandez, Dietrich, Valdespin, formerly Lucas and now even Brignac) tells me they know there's a problem at the position.

There's just no clear upgrade there and they're lost so they're throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. If they believed in our second basemen, they'd have one guy there and use the "he's our guy" line. In a sense, as they tried to do with Furcal. Outside of attempting to do so with Furcal, the Marlins have never said "Our 2B is..." Not even Solano had that much support from them.

Their constant shuffling of players there drives me crazy. If they had any confidence in Dietrich (or anyone really) he'd be the guy at the position, period. And he's never been.

I could be wrong but that's how I see the FO in relation to second base.

Id love a trade for Brandon Moss at 1b, Ben Zobrist at 2b and then sign a quality starter.

Yelich

Zobrist

Stanton

<oss

Ozuna

Mcgehee

Salty

Hech

Moss is 15th in HR last 2 years, and has a pedestrian 4.2 WAR. He will be overvalued with the low power across baseball in a trade scenario and isn't very good (let alone abysmal 2nd half).

Zobrist is 7th in WAR last 2 seasons (also 7th last 5 years), has a team friendly contract, and the Rays don't need SP or high priced relievers (which is what the Marlins have to trade realistically).

Neither is a realistic option

I wish I understood what makes Avery Romero a prospect worth projecting as a major league starter. The tools aren't very loud. Production has come on slow. I don't get it.

Couldn't agree more. He's only hit above .300 in Greensboro and just about any average prospect does that there (small sample size in Jupiter too). The OBP ranges from .340-.360's which is not impressive at all and the power has not shown in three seasons. Plus he is listed at 5'8", how much power can he possibly be expected to gain with age? I haven't checked buy it seem like Anderson has more HR in one season than he does in three seasons. I hope Romero can become something more than average because he is at a position of great need but the stats so far just don't tell me that.

If we only could upgrade at one position i wish it was SS instead of 2B. Id rather have a dietrich/Kike platoon than Hech. Not realistic but you know...

This actually makes good sense. Hech did have his best offensive season last year think he batted in .270's but didn't anything else with the bat and doesn't have the potential to do more. He is slightly above average in the field but good SS are expensive and I feel like the FO are content with average.