Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins 1b situation

Featured Replies

Jones/Baker/Bour.

 

Keep all 3 up. They can [try to] play multiple positions, at least.

 

If opposing team only has one or two lefties in the bullpen and use them, then can pinch hit Bour for Baker. *shrug*

 

 

I understand Yelich won the gold glove but I really wouldn't mind having him move to 1st base. He played there in high school and there are more OF options obviously. Add a power bat in LF to hit behind Stanton. It's just my opinion, thoughts?

I understand Yelich won the gold glove but I really wouldn't mind having him move to 1st base. He played there in high school and there are more OF options obviously. Add a power bat in LF to hit behind Stanton. It's just my opinion, thoughts?

 

 

 

Would he be the first person to win a gold glove at one position and move to another the next year? Probably. Because that is a bad idea.

 

And no, that doesn't mean we should move Giancarlo there either. He was a gold glove finalist, too. Maybe in five years.

Would he be the first person to win a gold glove at one position and move to another the next year? Probably. Because that is a bad idea.

 

And no, that doesn't mean we should move Giancarlo there either. He was a gold glove finalist, too. Maybe in five years.

 

 

 

It's happened, often too. Players get in the lineup where they are needed, not where they are wanted. Selflessness and sacrifice for the greater good of a team, and the ability to add an impact player often makes it an easy move for a player.

 

Yelich to 1B is a good option, considering his length and career projections.

 

Go get Cargo, Tulo, and Headley and you have the chance for a special team.

There's no outfielder in free agency good enough to make us move Yelich to 1B.

The A's have a lot of 1B/OF type guys now. I wonder if they'll trade one of those guys.

Could we trade for a Justin Upton?

 

 

There's no outfielder in free agency good enough to make us move Yelich to 1B.

 

Could we trade for a Cargo, Justin Upton, or Cespedes? IMO those guys would be worth it.

 

 

Could we trade for a Justin Upton?

 

Could we trade for a Cargo or Justin Upton? IMO those guys would be worth it.

 

We'd have to throw a LOT of prospects down for Upton. Inside division.

 

 

I have also thought about moving Yelich to first in spite of the gold glove. I guess it would all depend on who they could sign or trade for in order to make that decision.

 

Would not mind trading for Carlos Gonzalez. Give the Rockies some pitching. In that case I could bear moving Yelich to first. Or maybe Gonzalez would be ok moving there to avoid injury…..who knows?

 

 

I have also thought about moving Yelich to first in spite of the gold glove. I guess it would all depend on who they could sign or trade for in order to make that decision.

 

Would not mind trading for Carlos Gonzalez. Give the Rockies some pitching. In that case I could bear moving Yelich to first. Or maybe Gonzalez would be ok moving there to avoid injury…..who knows?

 

I would be a lot more comfortable having Yelich move rather than Cargo, not sure Cargo is even capable. He would be a great addition to our lineup obviously.

 

 

It's happened, often too. Players get in the lineup where they are needed, not where they are wanted. Selflessness and sacrifice for the greater good of a team, and the ability to add an impact player often makes it an easy move for a player.

 

Yelich to 1B is a good option, considering his length and career projections.

 

Go get Cargo, Tulo, and Headley and you have the chance for a special team.

 

I wonder what it would take to get both Tulo and Cargo. Heaney, Hech, Koehler is a start lol

 

 

All in favor for trading for cargo & tulo say aye...

 

Of course under the condition Colorado pays like 90% of tulos contract

We don't have the assets to get Tulo, much less Tulo & Cargo.

 

Also, it's not worth it. I'd rather not give up pitching depth for a guy who's been unspectacular outside of Coors Field in his career. Plus, he's injury prone, as well. No thanks.

 

The Braves supposedly want more for Upton than they got for Heyward. That's Heaney+, especially since we're in their division. And I believe that Upton only has a year left on his contract.

I understand Yelich won the gold glove but I really wouldn't mind having him move to 1st base. He played there in high school and there are more OF options obviously. Add a power bat in LF to hit behind Stanton. It's just my opinion, thoughts?

 

 

Yelich stays. He's a gold glove LF. Just leave it be, no time to panic and mess with a great defensive outfield in a park that needs it.

 

 

Yelich stays. He's a gold glove LF. Just leave it be, no time to panic and mess with a great defensive outfield in a park that needs it.

 

Yeah just wanting to get more pop in the lineup and that was one way to do it.

 

 

I have also thought about moving Yelich to first in spite of the gold glove. I guess it would all depend on who they could sign or trade for in order to make that decision.

 

Would not mind trading for Carlos Gonzalez. Give the Rockies some pitching. In that case I could bear moving Yelich to first. Or maybe Gonzalez would be ok moving there to avoid injury…..who knows?

 

It's actually a better idea to just move Stanton to first. Yelich has no injury history and more is invested in Stanton's bat.

 

 

Yeah just wanting to get more pop in the lineup and that was one way to do it.

 

It can be done, let's let the offseason play out. Could also help power by upgrading at 3B.

 

 

The Marlins are probably going to go into the season with minor fixes and stop gaps to the infield. Just nothing in free agency and I'd rather hold Heaney.

 

 

The Marlins front office has made it clear this offseason that they like the left side of the infield for some reason. Nothing is going to change there. They want to upgrade at 1B and 2B. Hech will stay at SS and Casey will play 3B.

The Marlins front office has made it clear this offseason that they like the left side of the infield for some reason. Nothing is going to change there. They want to upgrade at 1B and 2B. Hech will stay at SS and Casey will play 3B.

 

Absolutely right about Hech, but I feel if Casey struggles to start the year, they'll figure out something to replace him.

 

 

The A's have a lot of 1B/OF type guys now. I wonder if they'll trade one of those guys.

 

 

 

I would like for them trade for Kyle Blanks. Shouldn't cost us much too much to get him. However if they want to make a bigger splash I would call the Dodgers and ask about Adrian Gonzales. Not sure he would be available but with the new management in LA and them try to shed some salaries maybe they will listen.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.