Sign in to follow this  
Michael

7/31 Post Travesty

And we're all with Erick. Nobody's upset with the umpires. It's the rule that needs to be changed. We all understand player safety, but in situations like today it gives the catcher no chance to get the out. It's basically forcing the run in without giving the defense a fair fight.

I blame the umps in New York because common sense didn't come into effect with any of them. It's not even close.

Guest Vince0926
Serious question. Can this game for whatever reason possible if at all, be restarted in the 8th? This isn't on the umpires this is on the system itself. I'm beside myself. You might as well dissect every single plate that's happened so far this year. Total travesty.

That call was bad enough for me to finally make a post. This almost makes me want to stop watching baseball.

No one is going to care until this happens to a larger market team. Also, people are distracted by the trade deadline news.

Marlins got a lot of attention when Bob Davidson messed up a fair/foul call a few years ago. Was a big catalyst in progressing the discussions for instant replay. I honestly believe this will lead major league baseball to reconsider how they interpret this rule. If they don't, god help us all because it's guaranteed to happen again and soon.