Marlins sign Michael Morse to 2-year deal

I hate it when people do this. It's not like there were a ton of options to begin with.

No there wasn't... I just said very early on it made sense , I am not claiming anything else

But I did say last season McGhee would be a great signing for the Marlins...anyone want to say they thought that as well?

Wasn't he the one making himself seem superior? Asking for "credit" for predicting that the Marlins are going to sign a second tier FA with limited alternatives is kind of douchey. It's the type of thing that Wild Card does and people rip into him for it.

People rip on him for inconsistent options, cherry picking stats, and generally just saying whatever he wants without backing it up.

This guy called the move. Lucky, irrelevant, w/e. Let him enjoy it.

I called the Salty signing last year in early October, everyone told me I was crazy and we'd never spend the money and blah blah. I don't remember asking for credit when it happen though, but hey, It's all good.

FWIW, that's part of the reason why I'll defend Salty every time even if he ain't so great. Like the FO, I would have also signed him, so I'll follow all the way through on that prediction just as the FO will have to do.

I called the Salty signing last year in early October, everyone told me I was crazy and we'd never spend the money and blah blah. I don't remember asking for credit when it happen though, but hey, It's all good.

FWIW, that's part of the reason why I'll defend Salty every time even if he ain't so great. Like the FO, I would have also signed him, so I'll follow all the way through on that prediction just as the FO will have to do.

I really hope we see more of the '12, '13 Salty than what saw from him last year.

People called you crazy and stupid because you said, and not paraphrasing here which makes it more ridiculous, that you wanted the Marlins to give Saltalamacchia a "blank check".

People called you crazy and stupid because you said, and not paraphrasing here which makes it more ridiculous, that you wanted the Marlins to give Saltalamacchia a "blank check".

It was a metaphorical statement, which you took literally. The point was they had a need, he was the perfect person to fill it, and they needed to let baseball know they were still in the game. Luckily they were able to make it work with a more than reasonable deal because it couldve been much worse.

Except it wasn't, you were quite serious. You even defended the "blank check" statement at face value.

I defended it by saying that we needed to give him whatever it takes to win his services, the point of the metaphorical "blank check", because we needed him. Not just the player, but the statement.

That's exactly what I said. And I was fucking right.

Kind of my point. You meant blank check literally because you wanted them to sign him at all costs.

Because you are stupid, you based your opinion of him on one pretty average season and ignored the rest of his career, as you tend to do. Frequently.

Signing Saltalamacchia was not a statement. He was a fairly meh catcher fresh off a career year in a hitters park that in and of itself was still not overly impressive.

You made a dumb comment, it is as dumb today as it was then.

This deal makes me say Oh Oh...

Looks like Loria at work again. 2 years to win a championship before possible dismantle?

Get Stanton completely pissed off by year 5 so by year 6 he will choose to leave. I was hoping for 3 years from Mr. Loria...but it's looking like 2 : (

Looks like Loria at work again. 2 years to win a championship before possible dismantle?

Get Stanton completely pissed off by year 5 so by year 6 he will choose to leave. I was hoping for 3 years from Mr. Loria...but it's looking like 2 : (

Wat?

Nah dawg

I saw an interview once where Loria sneezed.

I swear he didn't exactly cover his mouth on time and you could so tell it was with the purpose of giving the common cold to everyone in the room.

It was also obvious that he was too cheap to buy a box of tissues.

What an evil bastard.

People can be happy Stanton was signed and still think Loria is a shit owner.

Yeah man but there's a difference between hating the guy and unreasonably blaming him for everything.

Come to think of it, I think I heard somewhere that Loria was responsible for 9/11.

I am not a Loria apologist or defender. I too wish he would sell the team to someone who can afford to keep us competitive year after year. I agree that Loria has many faults.

That said, he was able to get us a sweet stadium deal where John Henry & Wayne Huizenga both failed. He also brought us a second World Series title and 5 of the 6 over .500 (winning) seasons we've had. Furthermore, he has signed some players to long term contracts such as Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson, and now Mike Stanton. Yes, he traded Hanley and Johnson but only after they had struggled.

His two very terrible decisions were to Trade Cabrera (although we didn't have a stadium deal yet) and to dismantle the 2012 team so quickly. Although in retrospect it looks now like it was actually the right thing to do. Just look at how quickly we have been able to turn things around.

I have very mixed emotions about Loria but I am able to separate the good from the bad and give credit where credit is due. With this Stanton deal and the team that he is putting together he has a chance to make amends and make them quickly.

Lets just hope that he can lock up the core of this team for the next few years and that we can make a nice run.

I am not a Loria apologist or defender. I too wish he would sell the team to someone who can afford to keep us competitive year after year. I agree that Loria has many faults.

That said, he was able to get us a sweet stadium deal where John Henry & Wayne Huizenga both failed. He also brought us a second World Series title and 5 of the 6 over .500 (winning) seasons we've had. Furthermore, he has signed some players to long term contracts such as Hanley Ramirez and Josh Johnson, and now Mike Stanton. Yes, he traded Hanley and Johnson but only after they had struggled.

His two very terrible decisions were to Trade Cabrera (although we didn't have a stadium deal yet) and to dismantle the 2012 team so quickly. Although in retrospect it looks now like it was actually the right thing to do. Just look at how quickly we have been able to turn things around.

I have very mixed emotions about Loria but I am able to separate the good from the bad and give credit where credit is due. With this Stanton deal and the team that he is putting together he has a chance to make amends and make them quickly.

Lets just hope that he can lock up the core of this team for the next few years and that we can make a nice run.

Couldn't agree more.