Where Do We Go From Here?

SongInTheAir

Kolek would have to been signed for a year to be traded..BTW Not Happening

Trea Turner was just traded as a PTBNL in the San Diego / Will Myers deal and he was in the same draft class so he actually can be traded.

If you read the news about the trade

Turner is being traded as PBTNL there are abut at least a dozen links that I could give you that say he cannot be traded now because he hasn't been signed for a year that's why he can't be named now in the trade...He is still a Padre until then but why anyway does it matter

Rydawg you must be playing with me about this, cause I know you didn't just post this seriously

I know just about everyone is aware of my man-crush for Trea Turner, that I have had since he was at NC State. The fact that he hit close to .400 (ended up hitting .369) 976 OPS and showed good pop at A level baseball has made me drool even more. He also showed that he will be a very good defender. He was totally a different player once promoted to the Midwest League. He just tore it up!

How would I not know what is going on with him

Someone please give me his address I have some stalking to do

Kolek would have to been signed for a year to be traded..BTW Not Happening

Trea Turner was just traded as a PTBNL in the San Diego / Will Myers deal and he was in the same draft class so he actually can be traded.

If you read the news about the trade

Turner is being traded as PBTNL there are abut at least a dozen links that I could give you that say he cannot be traded now because he hasn't been signed for a year that's why he can't be named now in the trade...He is still a Padre until then but why anyway does it matter

Rydawg you must be playing with me about this, cause I know you didn't just post this seriously

Isn't that what I just said? He was traded as a PTBNL. So you have agreed with me that Kolek can be traded as a PTBNL as well. All it means is that the trade won't be official until June but Trae Tuner will be the property of the Nationals come June.

Where is our payroll at? I'm so lost at what 2015 looks like because of all the money to the marlins in these trades.

Wondering the same thing but too lazy to compute it. Come on SITA, or someone with dedication

Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill said Friday that Dan Haren has yet to decide whether he'll play for the Marlins in 2015.

"He'll make his decision," Hill said. "We haven't put any timelines on it." Haren said last month that he has "no interest" in playing somewhere other than in Southern California near his family, but it sounds like he's at least considering the possibility of playing in Miami. The Marlins would like to have him, but they're covered money-wise with the Dodgers agreeing to pay Haren's $10 million salary as part of last week's trade. If Haren decides he doesn't want to play in Miami, the Marlins would look to deal him to a team in California or nearby.

Looks like Haren still hasn't decided, I wonder what effect this has on our dealings.

Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill said Friday that Dan Haren has yet to decide whether he'll play for the Marlins in 2015.

"He'll make his decision," Hill said. "We haven't put any timelines on it." Haren said last month that he has "no interest" in playing somewhere other than in Southern California near his family, but it sounds like he's at least considering the possibility of playing in Miami. The Marlins would like to have him, but they're covered money-wise with the Dodgers agreeing to pay Haren's $10 million salary as part of last week's trade. If Haren decides he doesn't want to play in Miami, the Marlins would look to deal him to a team in California or nearby.

Looks like Haren still hasn't decided, I wonder what effect this has on our dealings.

He could go as part of the McGehee deal.

Plugging in payroll numbers and I just realized how good the lineup looks.

Gordon

Yelich

Stanton

Morse

Ozuna

Prado

Salty

Hech

or bat Prado 2nd and move everyone down a spot, whatever. that is actually pretty damn solid.

I would be all for plugging Martin in the 2 spot, but Red already made it clear he wants John Carlos (Inside joke after I heard some guy call him that in spring training) to come up in the first inning cause he feels it gives us a better chance of putting up some runs early.

Gordon

Yelich

Stanton

Morse

Ozuna

Prado

Salty

Hech

or bat Prado 2nd and move everyone down a spot, whatever. that is actually pretty damn solid.

The most productive lineup would probably include Prado at the top and Gordon between 6-8. Also, Stanton's impact would be accentuated batting cleanup. But the Marlins won't go with probabilities and statistics, they'll go with the shiny speedster.

I'm actually really hoping Dee can be ok long term, because there's plenty of reason to be skeptical.

Gordon

Yelich

Stanton

Morse

Ozuna

Prado

Salty

Hech

This looks like the best lineup we could put on the field. Yelich gets on base more than Prado and Prado is coming off a stint (although only 133 AB's) where he slugged .541, so he might fit a power role a bit more. Hech is set at #8, Salty set at #7, and with Gordon's speed he'd be wasted anywhere but #1. Yelich's approach at the plate makes him an ideal #2, and Stanton/Morse/Ozuna is the perfect power middle the lineup kind of guys you need.

Basically, it's solid balance in the lineup. I'd feel very confident of a good season going into next season with that lineup out on the field.

Amazing that we've made such an overhaul including six trades and Derek Dietrich is still here. Seriously.

They hate him so much they don't want him the satisfaction of getting playing time for some other team, rather let him ride the bench here.

:D

Amazing that we've made such an overhaul including six trades and Derek Dietrich is still here. Seriously.

They hate him so much they don't want him the satisfaction of getting playing time for some other team, rather let him ride the bench here.

:D

#Marlins today announce signing of IF Derek Dietrich to a record breaking 14 year $326 million contract extension with the teams first ever NPT (No Play Time) clause in which Dietrich has agreed to sit on the bench for all 14 years. There is an opt out after year 60.

If Jose were healthy we'd be done & saying get the season here already. Still feel like might be one more move coming. Haren just retire dude, no hard feelings - we get it.

You just want the rotation to hold together until Jose comes back. Is Latos/Alvarez/Cosart/Koehler/Phillips enough for 3 months?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.