McGehee Traded to Giants

SongInTheAir

I am kind of sad. They just posted an article of McGehee talking about next year.

Are you ever anything but sad though?

Yes. Pretty sure I was quite happy with some of the moves.

McGehee was just a big part of bringing this team together.

He was also a big part of bringing opposing middle infields together with double play balls. This is a good day. The Marlins got better.

I feel like the team chemistry suffered. Prado seems like a boring infante kind of guy.

Dude, I'm not opposed to chemistry playing a role because teams with poor chemistry have shown how bad that side of it can be...but chemistry also comes from winning. As long as Prado isn't an asshole, team chemistry will be fine because we're better now. It's not like these guys are gonna sulk and play like shit because Casey is gone. If anything I'd argue that Casey is gonna call and text his teammates and tell them to go win a championship for him or something like that because he's that good of a guy. Casey did his part here, we'll be both fine and better because of his time here and because of his departure as well.

I feel like the team chemistry suffered. Prado seems like a boring infante kind of guy.

No way man, I'm a huge braves fan (handed down to me from my dad lol). He's one of those gritty, "let's do this shit" kind of guys-think more like uggla. Not exactly like him, but more that mold than infante for sure. Omar was an android. Love him, but totally devoid of emotion lol.

Dude, I'm not opposed to chemistry playing a role because teams with poor chemistry have shown how bad that side of it can be...but chemistry also comes from winning. As long as Prado isn't an asshole, team chemistry will be fine because we're better now. It's not like these guys are gonna sulk and play like shit because Casey is gone. If anything I'd argue that Casey is gonna call and text his teammates and tell them to go win a championship for him or something like that because he's that good of a guy. Casey did his part here, we'll be both fine and better because of his time here and because of his departure as well.

Definitely! Plus, Casey was born and raised and even played college ball in CA. So he's going to a really awesome organization, that is luckily very good at the moment, in his home state. His spirits have gotta be pretty high considering how many times he has emphasized how two years ago he genuinely never thought he was going to play in the big leagues again. His teammates i'm sure know this is a good thing for him and they will keep strong. God I miss playing organized baseball lmao

About Kendry Flores....

http://goldengatesports.com/2014/11/12/get-know-giants-prospect-kendry-flores/

The young man’s best asset is his control. He’s known as a great command pitcher, as he consistently pounds the strike zone. An impressive 3.99 K/BB ratio for his career proves that. In 2013, he tallied the best mark in the entire organization with an awe-inspiring 8.06 K/BB rate.

Flores’ fastball is his best pitch. He throws a four-seamer that normally sits between 93 and 95 mph and a two-seamer that runs 91 to 93 mph. He has great command over both, as he can pretty much pinpoint where he wants to throw them. The two-seam fastball also has solid late, tailing-movement that makes it difficult to be squared up.

The fastball is complemented by a pretty good changeup, which provides approximately 10 to 12 mph difference from the fastball. He also has very good command of the changeup. Flores also features a slider and a heavy, 12-6 curveball, both of which are average to above-average secondary pitches.

Flores is very sound, mechanically. He has a smooth motion that is easily repeatable start to start. His delivery is nice and compact, and he doesn’t fly open after delivering his pitch. He also takes a relatively short stride step, which leaves him with a good place to plant his foot over and over again. After making his pitch, he leaves himself in a good fielding position.

more on Flores and Castillo...

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2014/12/19/7425955/casey-mcgehee-trade-giants-prospects-kendry-flores-luis-Castillo

Flores just missed the Giants' top-10 list in Baseball America earlier this year, though he did show up on the best under-25 Giants. The 23-year-old was the 14th-ranked prospect before the season according to a 20-list consensus from Beyond the Box Score. This season, he had a 4.09 ERA in the hitter-friendly Cal League, though he had a mighty fine 9.5 strikeouts for every nine innings he pitched. His home run rate was slightly inflated (again, Cal League) and he wasn't exactly young for the league

The 22-year-old Castillo didn't make a single one of those prospect lists on Beyond the Boxscore before the season, possibly because he was a reliever in the low-minors. He had a high strikeouts-per-nine-innings ratio in Augusta this year (10.1) and an iffy walks-per-nine (3.8).

let's just assume that he's a hard-throwing, raw, bullpen arm.

so marlins trying to do marlins reunion we have Luis Castillo back so get see play marlins new ball park he last play here at old place never got play new home or this other Luis Castillo???

Same one. He found the fountain of youth and became a pitcher

I am kind of sad. They just posted an article of McGehee talking about next year.

McGehee was a big part of making lots of outs and getting fluke singles.

McGehee might have sucked, but his attitude embodied this team's spirit. I hope guys don't miss him too much

The players are adults and want to win. They'll get over it.

McGehee was a big part of making lots of outs and getting fluke singles.

Judging from remarks on social media we just traded an MVP candidate

That's to be expected after the Marlins marketing team and the TV/radio broadcasters went so overboard in touting McGehee as the second coming of Babe Ruth during the ASG campaign last season.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.