Fourth Outfielder

A lot of it is because Middlebrooks kind of sucks and with his age and slight potential for upside, he wouldn't make a great bench player. He should be getting regular AB's more likely at AAA.

And if the Marlins are looking for a long term 3B option, Middlebrooks likely isn't it.

Definitely should check on venable and maybe even middlebrooks if they want to keep being crazy. Don't know if we have that much to deal

Dan HarenNot even close to enough for venable and middlebrooksWhy on earth do we need Middlebrooks? And why in the world would they trade a guy they just acquired to be a starter?Because we have absolutely no true 3B option for the future and it would allow the marlins to slide prado to 2B and Gordon back to SS and give the marlins flexibility if Hech doesn't pan out. I'm not saying they would trade him, but it would be worth a mention if they are already talking venable. They have talked about Myers so just because they acquired someone doesn't mean they won't deal himThis isn't a video game.You're right. And it's an internet blog. Still didn't prove why we couldn't use middlebrooks. Thanks grandpa, why does my hypothetical scenario compare to a video game? Keep in mind I work for a professional baseball organization.

Grandpa? I'm 25.

Why do we need to trade value for a corner infielder that can't hit in a hitters park for two straight years to take up space? When we have better players already on the roster that can do the same thing without having to give up any value?

We have zero need for Middlebrooks. We have a 2-5 WAR third baseman for the next two years, a FA acquisition in Morse for two years, and actual depth in Dietrich and Baker from the left and right side of the plate just in case.

Zero need for Middlebrooks. Twelve months ago and I would have been right there with you. A lot has changed...

I think you are over valuing Dietrich's likely contribution to be team.

He needs to go to AAA and hit everyday and not be on the bench. Develop him. Remember, he was rushed in the first place. Or be used to trade for something more useful

I think his last few triple A stints have shown he's done with that. Whether he's depth here or traded to start somewhere like SD, he should be a major league ball player next year.

I'd rather DD begin the season in AAA, playing 3rd exclusively to see if he can handle the position defensively. If so, maybe he's a stopgap until the next 3rd base prospect is ready (I'm holding out hope that Brian Anderson develops). At the very least, the flexibility could increase his trade value.

I'd rather DD begin the season in AAA, playing 3rd exclusively to see if he can handle the position defensively. If so, maybe he's a stopgap until the next 3rd base prospect is ready (I'm holding out hope that Brian Anderson develops). At the very least, the flexibility could increase his trade value.

Martin Prado is the stopgap until Anderson develops. He's a college product, shouldn't take too much longer than that if he's the real deal.

Martin Prado is the stopgap until Anderson develops. He's a college product, shouldn't take too much longer than that if he's the real deal.

Fair enough, but you never know what could happen over the next 2 years. Having DD ready to play 3rd if necessary would be a nice luxury to have. I'd still rather him be learning to play 3rd in AAA on an every day basis than sitting on the bench here.

Fair enough, but you never know what could happen over the next 2 years. Having DD ready to play 3rd if necessary would be a nice luxury to have. I'd still rather him be learning to play 3rd in AAA on an every day basis than sitting on the bench here.

Why? He's useless in triple A and as of now we have very little power off the bench. And without him Solano is your utility infielder, and he's about as useless as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

Dietrich is capable of playing all four infield positions and he would really be our 10th man; even if an OFer gets injured, you have Prado ready to move to the OF and Dietrich can step right in at third. If any of the IFers get hurt, Dietrich can be your Ed Lucas and step in temporarily anywhere. If we have any player on the bench accumulating 300+ ABs this year I really hope it's Dietrich.

Bour will be on the bench, and possibly Scott Sizemore filling the Lucas role. Also, hopefully an OF with some power will be added. To me, it just seems like a waste to have DD sitting on the bench when he could be learning to play a new position in AAA. I'm just not ready to consider him a role player yet.

Bour will be on the bench, and possibly Scott Sizemore filling the Lucas role. Also, hopefully an OF with some power will be added. To me, it just seems like a waste to have DD sitting on the bench when he could be learning to play a new position in AAA. I'm just not ready to consider him a role player yet.

That's fair, Sizemore makes things better. I'd just rather have Dietrich over Solano 100%.

Why? He's useless in triple A and as of now we have very little power off the bench. And without him Solano is your utility infielder, and he's about as useless as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

Dietrich is capable of playing all four infield positions and he would really be our 10th man; even if an OFer gets injured, you have Prado ready to move to the OF and Dietrich can step right in at third. If any of the IFers get hurt, Dietrich can be your Ed Lucas and step in temporarily anywhere. If we have any player on the bench accumulating 300+ ABs this year I really hope it's Dietrich.

Dietrich being the starter in case of injury is why you should want him in AAA, so he's getting every day PA and time on defense. If he's on the bench, he's just getting a few PA a week. Not something that benefits the team much, and hinders him

Dietrich being the starter in case of injury is why you should want him in AAA, so he's getting every day PA and time on defense. If he's on the bench, he's just getting a few PA a week. Not something that benefits the team much, and hinders him

This is logical for sure. DD should be on the field as much as possible which means he should be in AAA getting reps. He would be our best fit for a 10th man that could possibly become a starter with development.

Martin Prado is the stopgap until Anderson develops. He's a college product, shouldn't take too much longer than that if he's the real deal.Fair enough, but you never know what could happen over the next 2 years. Having DD ready to play 3rd if necessary would be a nice luxury to have. I'd still rather him be learning to play 3rd in AAA on an every day basis than sitting on the bench here.Why? He's useless in triple A and as of now we have very little power off the bench. And without him Solano is your utility infielder, and he's about as useless as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

This is logical for sure. DD should be on the field as much as possible which means he should be in AAA getting reps. He would be our best fit for a 10th man that could possibly become a starter with development.

Your 10th man should be on the bench, not in triple-A. That kind of player kind of does get regular at bats unless you're very lucky and nobody's injured.

Your 10th man should be on the bench, not in triple-A. That kind of player kind of does get regular at bats unless you're very lucky and nobody's injured.

I can agree with this. Even as a bench guy, he could end up getting 250-300 at bats in 2015 at the major league level. When you have guys that can play multiple spots [Yelich (LF, CF), Prado (2B, 3B, SS, LF), Ozuna (LF, RF, CF), Gordon (2B, SS {even if not well})], and Dietrich being able to play a couple different positions in the infield [even if not well!], he may end up getting a good amount of playing time as Red goes through the line and says "this guy needs a day off."

For example ... Ozuna needs a day off? Yelich slides to center, Prado goes into left, and Dietrich slots in at third. Not an amazing option, but would you rather have Solano there? And we could slot Miguel Rojas there late in the game.

Martin Prado is the stopgap until Anderson develops. He's a college product, shouldn't take too much longer than that if he's the real deal.Fair enough, but you never know what could happen over the next 2 years. Having DD ready to play 3rd if necessary would be a nice luxury to have. I'd still rather him be learning to play 3rd in AAA on an every day basis than sitting on the bench here.Why? He's useless in triple A and as of now we have very little power off the bench. And without him Solano is your utility infielder, and he's about as useless as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

Dietrich is capable of playing all four infield positions and he would really be our 10th man; even if an OFer gets injured, you have Prado ready to move to the OF and Dietrich can step right in at third. If any of the IFers get hurt, Dietrich can be your Ed Lucas and step in temporarily anywhere. If we have any player on the bench accumulating 300+ ABs this year I really hope it's Dietrich.Dietrich being the starter in case of injury is why you should want him in AAA, so he's getting every day PA and time on defense. If he's on the bench, he's just getting a few PA a week. Not something that benefits the team much, and hinders him

Cough cough, will middlebrooks, cough cough

I can agree with this. Even as a bench guy, he could end up getting 250-300 at bats in 2015 at the major league level. When you have guys that can play multiple spots [Yelich (LF, CF), Prado (2B, 3B, SS, LF), Ozuna (LF, RF, CF), Gordon (2B, SS {even if not well})], and Dietrich being able to play a couple different positions in the infield [even if not well!], he may end up getting a good amount of playing time as Red goes through the line and says "this guy needs a day off."

For example ... Ozuna needs a day off? Yelich slides to center, Prado goes into left, and Dietrich slots in at third. Not an amazing option, but would you rather have Solano there? And we could slot Miguel Rojas there late in the game.

Exactly. And good call with Rojas if he makes the team.

Dietrich is capable of playing all four infield positions and he would really be our 10th man; even if an OFer gets injured, you have Prado ready to move to the OF and Dietrich can step right in at third. If any of the IFers get hurt, Dietrich can be your Ed Lucas and step in temporarily anywhere. If we have any player on the bench accumulating 300+ ABs this year I really hope it's Dietrich.Dietrich being the starter in case of injury is why you should want him in AAA, so he's getting every day PA and time on defense. If he's on the bench, he's just getting a few PA a week. Not something that benefits the team much, and hinders him

This is logical for sure. DD should be on the field as much as possible which means he should be in AAA getting reps. He would be our best fit for a 10th man that could possibly become a starter with development.Your 10th man should be on the bench, not in triple-A. That kind of player kind of does get regular at bats unless you're very lucky and nobody's injured.

Cough cough, will middlebrooks, cough cough

Cough he fucking sucks cough

Exactly. And good call with Rojas if he makes the team.

I'd rather DD begin the season in AAA, playing 3rd exclusively to see if he can handle the position defensively. If so, maybe he's a stopgap until the next 3rd base prospect is ready (I'm holding out hope that Brian Anderson develops). At the very least, the flexibility could increase his trade value.Martin Prado is the stopgap until Anderson develops. He's a college product, shouldn't take too much longer than that if he's the real deal.Fair enough, but you never know what could happen over the next 2 years. Having DD ready to play 3rd if necessary would be a nice luxury to have. I'd still rather him be learning to play 3rd in AAA on an every day basis than sitting on the bench here.Why? He's useless in triple A and as of now we have very little power off the bench. And without him Solano is your utility infielder, and he's about as useless as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

This is logical for sure. DD should be on the field as much as possible which means he should be in AAA getting reps. He would be our best fit for a 10th man that could possibly become a starter with development.Your 10th man should be on the bench, not in triple-A. That kind of player kind of does get regular at bats unless you're very lucky and nobody's injured.Cough cough, will middlebrooks, cough cough

Cough he fucking sucks cough

If you think him and Dietrich are comparable 3B you are crazy

Bonifacio can play all all INF positions and can play CF if Yelich needs time off. DD should be getting reps in AAA.

You say that like we have Bonifacio.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.

These Minor League Free agents are still available

One may actually be our 4th Outfielder

Jeremy Barfield

Engle Beltre

Lars Anderson

Xavier Avery

Ezequiel Carrera

Tyler Colvin

Mitch Maier

Adam Melker

Melky Mesa

Edinson Rincon

*except Lars Anderson he is more of 1st baseman Left Fielder

Bonifacio can play all all INF positions and can play CF if Yelich needs time off. DD should be getting reps in AAA.

You say that like we have Bonifacio.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.

Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.

These Minor League Free agents are still available

One may actually be our 4th Outfielder

Jeremy Barfield

Engle Beltre

Lars Anderson

Xavier Avery

Ezequiel Carrera

Tyler Colvin

Mitch Maier

Adam Melker

Melky Mesa

Edinson Rincon