April 7th Post "Game" Dread Thread

SongInTheAir

I really feel like he was tipping his pitches- can one of our former pitchers rewatch the first 1/3 inning and see if he was doing something to top it. After missing as much time as he did last year, I have a feeling he is adjusting his hand inside his glove too "visibly" to grip certain pitches.

He looked slower to the plate too on certain breaking pitches againsti believe it was Markakis or Bethancourt

And he is definitely heavier.

Firstly, Latos was clocked at 93mph a few times today. Its his first start and as he gets looser that should improve. Same thing happened with Alvarez last year where he was 91-92 his first 3-4 starts and then started hitting 93-95 regularly.

Im more concerned that Latos just looks less fluid than he used to. Very deliberate and I know he was young, but he does not look as fit as he was with San Diego.

Offense again with serious issues as Morse, Saltalamacchia, and Hechavarria really struggling.

​Fangraphs velocity is out. Fastball average was 91.1 which isn't horrendous (90.7 last year still down 92s when he was striking people out). His fastball was at 89 by his 37th/38th pitch... His slider, however, ws at 81.6 which is god awful and was the pitch the Braves teed up on (there were a couple 0-2 counts where he threw it..meatball down the middle).

He's def chubbier. Good thing we didn't have to give him that full 10 mil!!!

Latos start was historically bad as far as first starts of the season go

Latos, 2015, 2/3 IP, 6 H, 7 ER, 2 BBJose Contreras, 2007, 1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 1 BBJose Guzman, 1987, 2/3 IP, 5 H, 7 ER, 1 BBNolan Ryan, 1974, 1 IP, 3 H, 7 ER, 5 BBBill Hands, 1974, 2/3 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 0 BBBill Walker, 1932, 1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 2 BBHarry Hoch, 1915, 1 IP, 4 H, 8 ER, 5 BB

its two games of 162....yeeesh according to some of the callers on the radio this morning you'd think it was Sept 1st and we're 25 games behind. Calm down folks.....it's a marathon this that we call baseball season.

That said, Latos is troubling me....

Latos kind of looked like the bad version of Tommy Hanson.

​Not sure if you mean production wise or like an evil version of Hanson