Unlucky? I'd say he was lucky to be pitching at Marlins Park. Some of those 2B's would've been HR's elsewhere. Not that it mattered since they all came around to score anyway.

If by "unlucky" the scout means that he was throwing batting practice, then, yes, he was "unlucky."

Edit: Frisaro was actually the one who used the word unlucky, which makes sense since he's a moron.

Except Latos has had plenty of success in his career

HAD is the key word... Maybe Volstad is a bit underneath

Being that he barely pitched last year, I'm actually surprised he's our second starting pitcher. I would have liked Tom Koehler in the two spot.

mlb network saying Latos have same issue with cinn what saw last night that not good news Latos may not have good season as marlins expect when their got him he got few issue to fix if dont pitch better next start likely be on road i wont suppise he send down to fix his issue let see who marlins bring replace him so big he come out pitch best game he can or he be going to aaa team

Wow. Its one game. Period. I don't think we should even be talking about this. With the history he have he could have 7 scoreless innings the next time out. Even then he had a couple decent spring outings too so this is probably nothing.

Sounds about right on Latos which getting a servicable 3rd starter is not what the FO had in mind I'm sure. It's just starting to look like the marlins really only looked at ERA when doing this thing...

​Just like they only look at batting average or RBI numbers for hitters and apparently only look at Web Gems for fielders.

It's a very backwards front office and scouting department, worst in baseball besides the Phillies.

Even Jose has had the odd "he sucked" game.

I think you guys are missing the point. It's not about one bad game. It's the dude's stuff looks absolutely flat and hittable. He was mired with injuries last year and saw a big velocity drop that is very unlikely to come back. Not to mention those 81 mph hanging sliders on 0-2 counts

at least he kept his temper in order. Played against him in HS and played with a few of his teammates in summer ball, he had the Heath Bell mentality. It was everyone else's fault, never his. But he definitely matured, I've been following him since he got drafted, I'm glad he's in Miami. He'll go on and casually win his next 7 starts.

Even Jose has had the odd "he sucked" game.

​Ya mean like that one in San Diego last May?

​You fucking asshole I should ban you for even mentioning that game.

Admin, do I have your approval?!

fuckin knee-jerkers. guy has a bad game and he is done. Yeah, a 1million ERA doesn't help, but give it a few games before calling him Heath Bell 2.0

My Heath Bell statement was only in referencing to his mentality during his earlier years of its everyone else's fault but his, which is moot point now, as he's matured. He is no where comparable to Heath Bell performance wise.